Buying LG TV 32LG7000 VS 32PG6000

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by jones thephones, Feb 6, 2009.

1. jones thephones

jones thephones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CTJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi i am new to AVForums hope I get this right advice please new to LCD and Plasma TV .I am buying a new TV 32LG7000 or 32PG6000 and have read some of the threads and would like some feed back from LG owners .Having read the specification not sure which one to buy, will be using with SKY+, BT Vision , Panasonic DVD ,VCR .will be adding a Wii and Sky HD later . I have LG monitors and Pc components and have been pleased with the price and performance.:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. Retro Techno

Retro Techno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Comparing plasma to LCD has always struck me as a little unfair as I believe you can't really make a direct comparison. It makes it a little hard to compare as the two technologies are so different. It always strikes me as odd when reviewers compare an LCD to plasma, especially for black levels, and then write off the LCD because it didn't measure up. What did they expect?
    Anyway, I am a little bias, so you might not want to listen to everything I say. I'm an LCD owner, and a generally happy one.
    One plus point for LCD is that they don't - or shouldn't - suffer from screen burn. As you know, many TV companies insist on having a logo on the screen and this can cause problems for some plasma models. This prolonged exposure to a static image can leave a permanent mark on the panel. It's a reason why gamers shy away from plasmas. Too many static images on screen. A lot of modern plasma models have features to help reduce or eliminate screen burn, but it is a worry for so many plasma owners. LCD screens do not need the extra TLC.
    LCD's can suffer from motion blur or very brief image retention. Fast moving scenes have been known to leave trails or the remnants of a previous frame on the screen for a second or so, until the pixels catch up with themselves.
    Technically, a plasma screen shouldn't suffer this as it has no pixels to control/open/close. A plasma screen is all dots of lighted gas blinking on and off to create a picture, like the old CRT sets. (not entirely accurate, but I'm in the right area, I hope).
    Some people are sensitive to phosphor trails created by some plasma sets. Some plasma sets are more prone to creating phosphor trails than others.
    Blacks will always be better on plasma over current LCD models (unless the new LED sets make a difference). This is because plasmas have that twinkling lighted gas. It's either charged or not, illuminated or not. LCD's have a backlight behind a screen of twisting pixels. The backlight is always on, so light may pass through closed pixels causing blacks to look greyer. Depending on your own eyes and viewing arrangements can determine how black is black from one panel to another, regardless of a panel's performance. To the 'experts' black is grey on an LCD. But grey still looks black on a good LCD panel.
    LCD panels are known to cost less to operate over plasma screens which seem to use a lot of energy. A lot of this energy is also burnt off as heat. Pasmas tend to get much hotter than LCD screens.
    Plasma screens are heavier than LCD due to the use of glass. It does make a plasma slightly less fragile with regards to probing fingers or sharp objects which can easily pierce an LCD panel. The extra weight of a plasma can cause problems if wall mounting.
    As a good, all round, general purpose screen, I would go with the LCD as it is less problematic with todays logo's on every channel and panel performances have improved.
    If I were to only watch movies via a dvd/blu-ray player, I would choose a plasma, if nothing more than a slight improvement in picture quality.

3. jones thephones

jones thephones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fruitfly:thumbsup:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CTJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I have a 32LG7000 on order since 28/12/08 Pixamainia said in stock when I placed order now say it's out of stock although the website says in stock When I saw the 32P6000 @ Tesco thought should check it out .will give them a little longer to get the 32LG7000 back in stock as very good deal £350.:)

4. Retro Techno

Retro Techno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I would get a refund from Pixmania if I were you. Seems a lot of our forum members are having problems. Read this thread for the reasons why. http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/909170-lg-32-7000-pixmania-driving-me-nuts.html

5. jones thephones

jones thephones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fruitfly:thumbsup:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CTJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I have cancelled my order with Pixmainia . Will start looking again whilst waiting to get my money back.