1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying JVC GR-DVP3 - or should I get a Sony DCR-PC120?!? :-(

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by WebReaper, Jul 17, 2002.

1. WebReaper

WebReaper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez, this is so confusing!

Just when I'd settled on the fact that I was going to buy a JVC GR-DVP7, I find a whole load of opions (on another BBS) from some people with JVCs saying that if they were buying again they'd get a Sony PC120.

Size is very important, but I'd not realised that the Sony isn't much bigger than the JVC (~1cm wider and deeper, but 1cm shorter too). So it's certainly small enough.

Judging by the prices I've found, the Sony's going to come in at about £100 more than the JVC, but it seems that the low-light handling, sound quality and feature set will be loads better. So should I splash out the extra cash and go for the Sony, or is the JVC still going to be the better bet?

Bear in mind that I don't care at all about the still-shot capability of either camera, as this is a feature I won't be using at all.

Any input gratefully appreciated - especially if you've tried/owned both cams!

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havn't tried either cam but if I could have a do over I'd save for a Sony or Canon.
    Drafter.

3. WebReaper

WebReaper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I've decided now, see my reply to the other thread I started! But you're right - the Sony's clearly the best.

4. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC 7 is a very good model, but can not be compared to Sony 120!......

GO fo SONY 120 !!!!!