1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Japanese domestic projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TVfreak, Nov 14, 2003.

1. TVfreak

TVfreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I intend to buy a projector from pricejapan (www.pricejapan.com)
    Need some help from users out there about some things specifically to 2 projectors that I have narrowed down to.

1. Does the projector come with an English menu
    AE500?
    Z2?

2. Can the projector play PAL disc?
    AE500?
    Z2?

3.What is the best transformer to use?

4.Anyone experience PAL tearing or other such issues when using PAL disc?
    AE500
    Z2

5. Anyone had to return the set due to dead pixels? How good are they with this gurantee.

6. Any other advice or stuff I need to know?

I understand that the Z2 will be available in UK soon
    I am not in the UK and here the model may be only introduced late Feb if at all.

Thanks All

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

1) cant be sure, I dont think they are meant to come with english though as far as im aware the sanyo comes with an english version, dont quote me on that though.

2) PAL compatibility shouldnt be an issue

3) Pass..... probably something not too cheap and capable of a half reasonable current. However, as far as I know, the Z2 wouldnt need a transformer.

4) There have been reports that there is tearing when using momitsu/bravo dvi dvd players with the Z2 when using pal sources, however I would take this with a pinch of salt because it may well not apply depending on what your set up comprises. I havent read so much on the AE500, but from what I have heard, no reports of tearing on pal.

5) pass on the first part, but for the second, As far as I know, if you take the ship back option, the dead pixel worry would not be a problem because if you happened to have them, the shipping to return it is already paid for so no extra cost would be entailed.

6) The AE500 menus are currently locked as japanese

Ad