• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Buying insurance for a TV

dgjlee

Ive got a Sony 40w2000 and its warranty expires this year. I am still happy with the TV and don't intend upgrading for a while yet. Domestic and general have offered me insurance for £5.39 a month. I know this is a subjective question but would you go for this? Is it worth it? More importantly can anyone recommend any better insurance options?

SnOpPeR

Suppose the question is how long are you likely to keep the TV for? Not sure about the monthly insurance premiums as I managed to get 5 year warranty thrown in with my LCD. I always say look at a few years worth of premiums vs buying a new TV and then the chances of it developing a fault in this time, like anything its a gamble :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom