Buying in Singapore

Elrond

I've been considering a Macbook of some variance for a while and considering I'm going to Singapore soon, I thought I would have a look at the prices. It seems that based on today exchange rate, it could be a good opportunity to save some money, roughly £200, and then sales tax on top as well.

However, is there any major reason not to buy abroad, warranties voltage etc, or is there anything I should be looking out for? After all, a money saving won't be worth it if I could get troubles later on. Also, what would happen when I get back to the UK, would I have to visit the friendly customs desk with wallet in hand?

g8tecrasher

In theory you should declare anything over £300 then pay the VAT, but thats up to you. Apple products are worldwide as is their warranty, the keyboard may be different as UK MacBoooks have a £ symbol where as US ones don't

Elrond

I'm flying from Heathrow but as I have never flown from there before, would it be any more beneficial buying on the way out and would tax then be payable coming back as I brought from the UK?

I can also use the education store so may that be my best option?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom