1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying IMPORT Gamecube games

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by stewarthollyhead, May 10, 2002.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you guys gets your import gamecube games from?

I usually by mine from CDUNIVERSE.com but they have really messed me around with my copy of resident evil which is still out of stock.

Any others you recommend? Preferably ones with quick postage times and no import duty problems

2. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. DavidMalone

DavidMalone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stewart,

I usually use one of the following...

www.dvdboxoffice.com (free worldwide shipping / 7 days turnaround from Canada)
    www.lik-sang.com
    www.lan-kwei.com

All three are reliable, although i prefer dvdboxoffice for their free shipping. Also never been hit by import duty from either three :)

Good Luck.

David

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought my cube (U.S) and games from www.videogameadvantage.com and there service was first class and price, also got no custom charges.

BUT for individual games i just cant warrant $15 (Just under £10) for shiping even though there prices are great.

So i use www.dvdboxoffice.com i used to buy all my dvds from them but i got fed up with the 10 day delivery time when others were getting here in half that time so i stopped using them. anyway 2 weeks ago i saw there offer on Resident Evil for the gamecube £28 and there unsual FREE shipping so i ordered it was dispatched on release day and arrived in 4 days very impressed i will continue to use them for GC games now as there prices cant be beaten

:)

5. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can also vouch for DVDboxoffice. I've used them for well over a year for DVDs and never had a problem nor been hit with import duty - which is just as well as a couple of the DVDs were, shall we say, not for viewing with your gran:blush: and customs would probably have stopped (kept?) them. Hey only two alright:devil:

6. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Excuse me for being ignorant. When ordering from DVDBoxOffice, let's say the price on screen is shown as £30. Is this what you are charged on your credit card. Or are you charged in Canadian Dollars (you then pay a conversion fee on your card)? Or do you pay the equivalent in pounds at the current exchange rate? Thanks guyz!

7. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the statement for resident Evil it says the U.S dollars amount then shows the latest exchange rate then the price in £
    Resident Evil was £28 delivered from DVD Box Office on the statemetn it was £29 so slight difference but nothing to worry about its a bargain cant complain

8. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    The price your card is billed for is always Canadian or US $'s, depending on what you choose at the checkout. Recently it is best to go for Canadian as it works out better value. I have been getting my games from there and they work out about £28-£31 each.

9. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Betamac:

If you don't mind me asking, when exactly did you pre-order your copy of Resident Evil? I pre-ordered mine on on 22nd April and it still hasn't been dispatched :mad:. Do you still have your order number handy so I can check it against mine? :)

10. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i ordered mine around 2nd week of April About (2 weeks before release day)
    Invoiced On: 01 May 2002, 01:36:46 AM
    Order Number 872434

Arrived on May 5th

11. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Groundy hasnt got mine either..got this email today from them
    Hello

We are sorry for the wait. They have still not arrived.

We are doing our best to get them in.

As soon as they come in stock, the orders will be billed and shipped.

Thanks for being patient.

12. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Betamac - it appears you just made the first shipment you lucky :D.

Neilo:

Also emailed them a few times, I think Janice at DVDBoxOffice is getting a tad annoyed with me judging by her latest reply :cool:. Probably because I constantly order DVD's/Games and end up cancelling them.....

13. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great :(

I cancelled my order at cduniverse.com because its been on back order for ages and now it appears from what you guys are saying that dvdboxoffice doesnt have any either.

thats life i guess :)

14. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just got back from the US and couldn't get a copy of Resident Evil GC anywhere. The guy at EBQ said they hadn't had any new stock for a couple of weeks.