Buying games from play-asia!

RHCP

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I ordered Graw and Cod2, It came to £47.41, Bargain :smashin:

I've heard that i may get charged duty! :thumbsdow

When will this happen and by who?

By the carrier.

Either you will get a letter asking for payment before they deliver, or they will collect the money at the door when they deliver.

RHCP said:
I ordered Graw and Cod2, It came to £47.41, Bargain :smashin:

I've heard that i may get charged duty! :thumbsdow

When will this happen and by who?

I have ordered from them no charge here, infact I have ordered many many items ranging over £30+ from overseas especially playasia and ebay.com USA and never have I paid custom charges :D

Funny that I ordered moto-gp yesterday for 20 quid what is the normal delivery times from them with the free option???

Delivery is usually 7 days standard.

bu5ter said:
Funny that I ordered moto-gp yesterday for 20 quid what is the normal delivery times from them with the free option???

Playasia charge for delivery and the game isnt £20 last time I checked it was like £23 then around £25 with postage - takes around a week.

i've used playasia twice now. i bought a component cable for the PS2, and prey just arrived this morning for the 360 and it only cost £25.30:D .

can you get charged duty regardless of how much the item costs?

also can you ask playasia to mark the parcel as a gift to avoid duty?

The customs limit is £18 or £32 for a gift.

I don't think that PlayAsia will mark down items [although it is worth asking] however, YesAsia are more than willing to mark down goods...:thumbsup:

I ordered Osu! Tatakae! Ouenden off them today and hope I don't get stung [haven't in the past]

I've ordered numerous stuff from Play-Asia over the last 3 years or so and never had an issue with customs. They usually put a nominal value (<$10 on most items) no matter what the cost.

dodger747 said:
I don't think that PlayAsia will mark down items [although it is worth asking] however

They will mark the value down a bit, I sent them an email after putting in my last order asking if they could mark the value down for me, when it arrived they very kindly had:D

I ordered once and got sting for customs once. Oh well.

It will be around £8 in charges if you get hit. Still works out a hell of a lot cheaper though.

mine should have been $85 but it was marked up as $79.80.

No Duty which is soooo good :)

Never been done by customs from play-asia after 7 games, did you buy the games together or 2 seperate transactions?

I see alot of people saying that they have ordered games from Play-Asia and never been caught but remember that the majority of people who ordered MotoGP afew weeks ago got hit with customs so things may have changed and customs maybe on the look out for packages with the Play-Asia stamp.

BuFF DaDDy said:
Never been done by customs from play-asia after 7 games, did you buy the games together or 2 seperate transactions?

Together :)

im going to the us of a next week and fancy picking up a couple of region free games. Its a shame dead rising aint region free its out when im there.

RHCP said:

You will get stung if they are packaged together.

Bullet Witch is out on Monday and I'd really like to get it. The site lists it in the Asian Games section but it has a question mark for PAL compatability.

Looking at most other Asian games, most of them seem to be compatable with all regions so I'm hoping Bullet Witch is too, especially as it's only 25 notes!

Even with import tax that will still be cheaper than a new 360 game here so I wont grumble if I get stung.

Anyway, I meant to ask if it says it's compatable for PAL 360s does that mean it will definately be in English?

Cheers

Hi Random

It normally lists if it has english language but most do anyway!

Thanks bu5ter :)

I having mad timeout problems with the site actually, and when it does work none of the images load.

I'll try again when I actually have money to buy some games :rolleyes:

BuFF DaDDy said:
You will get stung if they are packaged together.

No i didn't, says $79 on the box but it came to $85, anywho, i didn't have to pay anything :smashin:

Not all of them, only the one's that have a check for compatibility with a PAL 360.

ollielou said:
so just to clarify do these games play on uk xbox360

Yep just make sure they have PAL in the listing, purchased MOTOGP 06 last month from them for just over £20!! no import taxes!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom