Buying games from foreign regions: Please read the FAQ in the first post

Bought gotg from mtc game, its a brazil code and just cant redeem it at all. Pretty much a wasted 40 quid.
You tried with and without VPN? How about using the code as a payment method? That works sometimes.

Bought gotg from mtc game, its a brazil code and just cant redeem it at all. Pretty much a wasted 40 quid.
Have you tried the steps provided by Yome above?

The steps above didnt work, but i did try a different vpn and doing it on my phone and that worked...

I’m having severe issues redeeming Brazilian codes since the redesign of the checkout on the Xbox website, the redeem code page is now its own independent URL and constantly throws the currency mismatch error

I’m having severe issues redeeming Brazilian codes since the redesign of the checkout on the Xbox website, the redeem code page is now its own independent URL and constantly throws the currency mismatch error
Change region to Brazil on Xbox and type it in

Change region to Brazil on Xbox and type it in
Don’t even need to do that, although it was one of the first things I’d tried oddly enough

You can still activate by going through the gifting process of a game that’s already released, then just add the gift card as a valid payment method then back out before you gift whatever game you’ve clicked on

So the issue I have is that I have a small remaining balance of $5.50 ARG, so cannot remove the Argentinian address from my account. I can't find anything to purchase of that value and can't pay the remainder with a credit card. This has never really been an issue until now....

I want to send my Series S in for service. Although I have my UK address as default, when I try and start a repair it only offers the Argentinian address. The option to add another address results in the 'Sorry something went wrong' screen.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

Thanks. I was a bit weary of that as to not to alert them to the Argentinian address and possibly having to explain myself and risk an account lock or something.

You should not have any issues, I had a US Account, Argentina Account, Hong Kong and Singapore and contacted them with no issues.
This was not for a service but I could not redeem any Live or GamesPass Codes and it was due to it defaulting to Argentina even though I had not used that for 3 years and took out GamesPass using a UK Promo and been paying in GBP and UK Address being default.

So sounds like the same sort of issue with it thinking Argentina is the default when it isn't.

I’ve got more foreign accounts than I can remember, US, Singapore, South Africa, Russia to name a few, had an issue with a foreign purchase a couple of years ago, they didn’t bat an eyelid about all my different regional accounts, the only comment was about how I bought a lot of stuff off them :laugh:

Got a refund into the foreign account concerned and heard no more.

What a pain this is turning out to be. Seems impossible to contact support for a call back. Keep getting 'something went wrong our end'.

Do you guys keep your regional accounts separate or do you have a foreign and local address on your main account?

All the addresses are in the same place aren’t they? At least they were the last time I looked, but that’s at least 2-3 years since I bought anything with a foreign account, so it may have changed.

Just signed into my MS account to check, under address book, I’ve got 16 different address from 16 different countries :laugh:

My UK address is at the top and down as my preferred address.

As stated a couple of posts up the thread, when I contacted support about something they didn’t even mention multiple addresses.

I’d bought a Battlefield game on my South African account address, then bought an Xbox Battlefield special edition console, which came with the game so obviously had no use for the South African version, they refunded that without issue, the only comment was about how much stuff I bought.

Anyone bought anything from Argentina lately? I've bought codes for games off Eneba over the last few months and had no issues but today trying to redeem code for Farming Sim 22 which cost me £9 and using Chrome and Tunnelbear VPN extension its spitting up the location error

I've had a code gifted to me from a guy in Egypt. I've been buying from him for months with no problems. As of today, I can't redeem codes due to the region error. Using Egypt VPN on phone, also tried to redeem through browser on desktop and on console. Not sure if it's temporary or MS have blocked it completely.

I just bought rr6 on Mexico store but its showing on my 360 but not letting me download
& Not even showing on my Xbox one x , is there a delay of 24hrs sometimes? Any suggestions? Thnx in advance

Not sure what RR6 is but if its an xbox 360 title (which as you can download it on your xbox 360 sounds like it is), then I think you might be out of luck as those are mostly region locked.

Edit: If its ridge racer 6, the US version is region free apparently, so not sure.

Last edited:
Hey yes pal thank you, changing location on console got me the game, but it won't play if I'm in UK
Bit annoying, so everytime I wanna play I gotta switch location, does that sound normal to you? Could I have done summit wrong? On Xbox one I think it's ok but on series X it was ok until I redownloaded game from Mexico store , now I've uninstalled and reinstalled from my UK disc but without disc same issue urgh

oh my previous post has been removed without any notice or explanation, anyone care to enlighten me as to why? If I did something wrong or out of order it would be nice to know.

Is anyone still buying Turkish credit anywhere? Does that still work?

Does anyone know of success with buying just dance unlimited subscription from other regions?

oh my previous post has been removed without any notice or explanation, anyone care to enlighten me as to why? If I did something wrong or out of order it would be nice to know.

There haven’t been any posts deleted from this thread in months. The last post you made in this thread was on 22nd November:

Anyone bought anything from Argentina lately? I've bought codes for games off Eneba over the last few months and had no issues but today trying to redeem code for Farming Sim 22 which cost me £9 and using Chrome and Tunnelbear VPN extension its spitting up the location error

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom