Buying games from foreign regions: Please read the FAQ in the first post

Does purchasing Brazil gift cards and redeeming them at the purchase screen still work for anyone? Been trying today and just constantly met with "Error: An error has occurred on our part. Waiting a moment can help.". Tried both on console and in browser. Confident the codes are valid as it states the currency value during the redeeming process.

Last edited:
Does purchasing Brazil gift cards and redeeming them at the purchase screen still work for anyone? Been trying today and just constantly met with "Error: An error has occurred on our part. Waiting a moment can help.". Tried both on console and in browser. Condifent the codes are valid as it states the currency value during the redeeming process.
Did it last week with codes from Cdkeys, did it in browser without a VPN.

Did it last week with codes from Cdkeys, did it in browser without a VPN.
Some further persistence and it started to work... Must've been an issue MS end.

did you ever find out what the ban was for? Worrying stuff that, ive only just read this thread but i have bought alot from xbox-now gifts, eneba etc.
I am still none the wiser & that's now 4 months since I was compliance locked; I am still trying to get it back but it is looking more & more unlikely. I suspect it is now a legal route if I decide to do that.
It is the loss of delisted titles (360 + XB1) that has really annoyed me - Forza series, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2, Deadpool, Halo series (360 versions), Out Run, Sega Rally Arcade, WRC Arcade, Rock Band dlc, ACA NEO Geo football & golf titles, etc
I have been trying to re-buy the games I have lost when they come up in sales on a new Brazilian account and have spent a small fortune - I think I have re-bought about 700 of the games back in the last 4 months but the DLC doesn't come up as often & 360 titles are getting fewer & fewer. On the plus side I have got back shed loads of MS Reward points to cash in

I am still none the wiser & that's now 4 months since I was compliance locked; I am still trying to get it back but it is looking more & more unlikely. I suspect it is now a legal route if I decide to do that.
It is the loss of delisted titles (360 + XB1) that has really annoyed me - Forza series, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1+2, Deadpool, Halo series (360 versions), Out Run, Sega Rally Arcade, WRC Arcade, Rock Band dlc, ACA NEO Geo football & golf titles, etc
I have been trying to re-buy the games I have lost when they come up in sales on a new Brazilian account and have spent a small fortune - I think I have re-bought about 700 of the games back in the last 4 months but the DLC doesn't come up as often & 360 titles are getting fewer & fewer. On the plus side I have got back shed loads of MS Reward points to cash in
sorry, without sounding too arrogant....

you have repurchased 700 games!!!!!!

I've just tried to redeem some codes for Xbox One games from another region. I am getting an error message saying that the codes can't be redeemed as they are from a different region to my account. I've tried in browser with and without VPN and also using the MS store app in Windows. The same error comes up in each instance. I've been redeeming codes this way for a long time with no issues. The last time I did it was about 2 weeks ago. Have MS blocked redeeming codes from foreign stores completely?

Are mtcgame safe? Cant work out how their prices are so low, Nba 2k22 75th aniversary edition is like 62gbp from them , but the cheapest actual region is colombia at 67gbp?

hi, havnt bought a game from other stores for a shile

i have bought brasil live credit, but when i try to add to my account it knows its not from that region

i have vpn on brasil, has this now stopped

hi, havnt bought a game from other stores for a shile

i have bought brasil live credit, but when i try to add to my account it knows its not from that region

i have vpn on brasil, has this now stopped
I think it now works when you try to make a purchase (no VPN needed). When you get to method of payment, just select "redeem a code" and it should be fine.

i did that, try adding redeem code but then it knew i was in the UK

i have had to change my settings to say i am in brasil and now worked and redeem

thanks

i did that, try adding redeem code but then it knew i was in the UK

i have had to change my settings to say i am in brasil and now worked and redeem

thanks
By the way, where did you get your credit please? Cdkeys have been out of stock for a while now.

I've just tried to redeem some codes for Xbox One games from another region. I am getting an error message saying that the codes can't be redeemed as they are from a different region to my account. I've tried in browser with and without VPN and also using the MS store app in Windows. The same error comes up in each instance. I've been redeeming codes this way for a long time with no issues. The last time I did it was about 2 weeks ago. Have MS blocked redeeming codes from foreign stores completely?
Hi,
The same problem happened to me this morning. Did you make it work in the end? From who did you buy your codes from?

I purchased Fifa 22 Ultimate for XBOX from MTC Game (Brazil). I recveived the code this morning. I connected to Brazil with PureVPN, it didn't work. I got this error: This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.
I tried on my browser on the redeem page, on the MS store on windows 10 and also on my console after changing the country to Brazil.

MTC told me to change my region to Brazil. I did it on my MS account profile and it didn't work.
So I think I have to change my xbox live region to Brazil. But if I do that, I will not be able to revert to UK within 3 months.

I never had any issue with MTC in the past. I purchased a COD code for Brazil in July and it worked when I changed the region on my console. I have also bought Brazil gift cards in the past and I coudl redeemed them using a VPN.

Any thoughts? I have asked a refund from MTC and waiting a reply.
Or should I change my Xbox live region to Brazil and pray it will work?

Hi,
The same problem happened to me this morning. Did you make it work in the end? From who did you buy your codes from?

I purchased Fifa 22 Ultimate for XBOX from MTC Game (Brazil). I recveived the code this morning. I connected to Brazil with PureVPN, it didn't work. I got this error: This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.
I tried on my browser on the redeem page, on the MS store on windows 10 and also on my console after changing the country to Brazil.

MTC told me to change my region to Brazil. I did it on my MS account profile and it didn't work.
So I think I have to change my xbox live region to Brazil. But if I do that, I will not be able to revert to UK within 3 months.

I never had any issue with MTC in the past. I purchased a COD code for Brazil in July and it worked when I changed the region on my console. I have also bought Brazil gift cards in the past and I coudl redeemed them using a VPN.

Any thoughts? I have asked a refund from MTC and waiting a reply.
Or should I change my Xbox live region to Brazil and pray it will work?
Update:
I managed to redeem it thanks to some tips provided by MTC.
The procedure is:
1-you should turn off your console
2-open MS account page
3-change region in your MS account to the one of your code
4-change billing address to the one of your code
5-log out
6-Open VPN and conect to the region of your code
7-login to your MS Account and redeem the code

First I tried with my PureVPN and it didn't work.
Then I tried with Hola VPN and it worked!

Hope this helps anyone who had issues.

Update:
I managed to redeem it thanks to some tips provided by MTC.
The procedure is:
1-you should turn off your console
2-open MS account page
3-change region in your MS account to the one of your code
4-change billing address to the one of your code
5-log out
6-Open VPN and conect to the region of your code
7-login to your MS Account and redeem the code

First I tried with my PureVPN and it didn't work.
Then I tried with Hola VPN and it worked!

Hope this helps anyone who had issues.
Cheers for that. Tunnel bear was not working. Tried everything till I used your guide. World War Z Aftermath for £6.

How does MTC work with UK Games, is it a code ?
They have a Insurgence for £5 cheaper but didn't know if it was a code or is it gifted.

How does MTC work with UK Games, is it a code ?
They have a Insurgence for £5 cheaper but didn't know if it was a code or is it gifted.

It will be a code, sometimes takes an hour or so to come through once you order.

Used them a few times without issue.

I've noticed that MTCgame updated their website design recently. I just visited the site today for the first time in about a month. Looking to buy some Brazil credit but it seems they are out of stock for credit from nearly every region. Not sure if they will be getting any more stock.

I’ve not made a foreign purchase since Red Dead Redemption 2. I have a few questions as I expect things might have changed a little since then.

I recall topping up US gift cards back at the launch of Red Dead 2 (2018 I think) by changing the Xbox website to English US, the codes would then be redeemable.

Is that still the case or is a VPN needed now?

Last edited:
New COD looks a good price on MTC game but not sure on the description- says cross gen bundle. Is that what I need for series X?

Bought gotg from mtc game, its a brazil code and just cant redeem it at all. Pretty much a wasted 40 quid.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom