Buying games from foreign regions: Please read the FAQ in the first post

I tried to buy it, unfortunately I get this message
"We noticed you're shopping from United Kingdom. This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions. It may be available on Amazon.co.uk. "
:(

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Basically go to Microsoft commerce store, set up address, buy points, go to xbox.com us and redeem gift points then buy DLC

Thanks to @MRizk for his little trick. Just went through to Argentina via Vietnam and bought Doom for the slightly disturbing price of 666.50 Argentinian Peso's. :eek:

The Vietnam trick worked a treat. Went for the Ultimate Gears of War 4 edition for £56 from South Africa. Cheers.

The Vietnam trick worked a treat. Went for the Ultimate Gears of War 4 edition for £56 from South Africa. Cheers.
Is the Standard game significantly cheaper as well?

I typically do get the DLC Pass for Gears games, but as the DLC maps for Gears 4 are free in matchmaking I don't really see the point.

Is the Standard game significantly cheaper as well?

I typically do get the DLC Pass for Gears games, but as the DLC maps for Gears 4 are free in matchmaking I don't really see the point.

There's a website for that. ;) Singapore at £35.54 for standard is cheapest at the moment.

There's a website for that. ;) Singapore at £35.54 for standard is cheapest at the moment.
I want an excuse to buy the Ultimate Edition, 4-day early access just isn't enough.

Still even £20 more than the standard game seems expensive considering the bulk of the content is the maps for private play use. If they announced some Story DLC like Gears 3's Raam's Shadow and Season Pass exclusives such as classic character skins, then at least that'd be something.

I'm just not seeing a big enough incentive.

Hey quick question I've got destiny on UK store if I buy the dlc the taken king from Brazil store will the dlc work on my UK game? Can I use XBOX Live 100 BRL Card BR - G2A - Global Digital Gaming Marketplace for the credit also? Thankd
Yes, my Destiny LE game is from Hong Kong and Taken King DLC from Brazil. All works fine.

Edit: I am not sure how that works if you only have the standard game. I assume the story missions will play fine, not sure what impact that may have on multiplayer if you don't have the 2 other DLC packs.

Doesn't the taken king come with the other two dlc on top? Anyone used XBOX Live 100 BRL Card BR - G2A - Global Digital Gaming Marketplace for credit?
Edit: Nevermind, disregard my below comment. It seems they have updated The Taken King DLC description, it now says... 'Destiny: The Taken King, now also includes Expansion I and II.'

I was unaware of this change.

There are split packages - you can get The Taken King standalone DLC, which is what I went I went for as I got Destiny and the Expansion Pass at launch.

You will probably want Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition, which includes all the DLC as well as the game itself. If you have the base game digitally then it's a bit of a raw deal.

Alternatively you could buy a new disc copy of Destiny The Taken King, as last I read all the the DLC is download codes in the box, and then free to re-sell the disc game. It's not worth much now though, I'm guessing buying from a foreign region is probably just less hassle overall.

Last edited:
Yeah I already own destiny finished it fancy returning now it's got alot more content to dig into thankd for the input guys I'll buy the credit and buy the dlc when I finish work :)

Have you guys read the news that the Battleborn season pass can't be shared between accounts? This is really bad news, if Gearbox does it others will follow :(

Have you guys read the news that the Battleborn season pass can't be shared between accounts? This is really bad news, if Gearbox does it others will follow :(
This is not even an option for the devs. What they meant was that any exclusive / one time items coming with the season pass won't be given to other accounts.

Extra content as levels, maps, areas and characters will be probably be shared.

Just like Destiny Taken King Digital Collector Edition. It came with the Taken King DLC, and some extra items as emotes and exclusive exotic items to help you level up. Only the main account got the exotic items and emotes, others got access to the expansion only.

I bought the Taken King Collector Edition and my sharing friend got all the extras you mentioned.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom