1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying from usa

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darko123, May 7, 2005.

1. darko123

darko123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Just wondering if you can help me :lease: , im thinking of buying the SONY STR-DA5000ES.
    best price i have found is £700.

I have found it in the USA for £350 - will this cause any problems for me if i buy it from the USA ?

It will be going with a pioneer 43 XDE and a SONY RDRGX300 MULTIREGION DVD RECORDER

Many thanks,
    Andreas

2. mavice

mavice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I imported a projector from US and saved 40% on best UK price

You will have to pay vat when it enters UK so budget for this. (they can list its value lower to pay less vat but check with supplier)

ALso - check what the guarantee will be - worldwide or not. If only US then your at the mercy of the manuf if it goes wrong (whether they agree to honor the guarantee)

In the end it comes down to cost saving v risk (of it going wrong in the first year)

hope this helps

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    While you're at it you should check (I'm sure you have but it's worth mentioning) that the amp has the ability to run on both UK and US voltages. If not you will have to budget for a decent voltage converter. In all other technical aspects there should be no problem.