1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying from US - MX-700

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by capt_janeway, Mar 7, 2005.

1. capt_janeway

capt_janeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Got the chance to buy a Theater Master MX-700 from the US for about £150, with the 2 year warranty........good deal?

Been thinking of going for a programmable remote as my Kameleon 6-1 is frankly frustrating and sick to death of having 5 remotes.

Anyone got any info on the Theater Master range, otherwise may go along the Pronto 950 route.

Thanks

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Take a look at:

www.remotecentral.com

They have a large, very comprehensive review section. It's also worth checking out their Home Theater Master forum as well.

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just bought a MX-700 from E-Bay for £95 inc. P&P (second hand) and got the small remote (MX-200) free. Did the research and found it new from a UK supplier for £235 exc. P&P. The remote is excellent and I cannot recommend it highly enough, it seems a very solid piece of kit! The only worries I would have buying from the US is P&P and custom charges. If customs charge then you could be looking at a hefty bill. Two of my mates have Prontos and I would'nt change my purchase in favour of the Pronto (I like my hard buttons too much!) so for me this was/is the best option out there! If you do decide to buy a MX-700 I would recommend you to use the learn function rather than downloading .ccf files and pre-defined control setups. It is a very user friendly and powerful remote, and I really can't fault it. Anyway happy shopping. :thumbsup: