Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Buying From Etailers.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by dann, Mar 15, 2005.

1. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi There,
    My mother is looking to buy a Dennon D-M51DVS from the internet, But has read the following statement from :

http://www.usa.denon.com/dealers/dealers.asp?l=1
    WARNING TO VALUED CONSUMERS:
    The warranty on DENON Electronics products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer/on-line E-tailer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way. Recently DENON Electronics has become aware of numerous instances in which such serial number tampering has occurred. Unauthorized dealers/on-line E-tailers and/or their suppliers frequently alter the serial numbers in an effort to prevent manufacturers from tracing the supplier source. DENON Electronics sell products through authorized retail and on-line channels to insure that consumers obtain quality pre-sale and after-sale support and service. PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. Buy from an authorized DENON Electronics dealer/E-tailer. Check the unit and its packaging to determine whether the factory serial number may have been altered. If in doubt, call DENON Electronics at (973) 396-0810.

She is now worried that if the system goes wrong she will not be able to get it repaired under warrantee. Although this statement is from the USA Site(there is no such statement on the UK site) Has anyone had any experience of this & is she right to be cautious? I have no problems myself buying from the net, But the last thing I want to do is recommend something & then it back fires!

I would appreicete your views on this & also can anyone recommend this model or similar (bearing in mind that the size is a factor).

Thanks for your time.

2. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The voided warranty policy is widely adopted in the US, due to the large number of 'unauthorised' internet resellers who operate there.

No such policy exists for anything you buy in the UK that I know of, so you will get the full warranty cover - that is nothing to worry about, no manufacturer can deny you that in the UK.

Just the other usual etailer pitfalls are what you should bear in mind...

3. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi superpixel,
    Thanks for your reply, I am going to recommend empire direct, as I have had no problems with them & they have the cheapest price for the unit, & I have heard their aftersales is apparently quite good.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Dan