Quantcast

buying from Amazon.com

Ewan154

Hi,
Been looking at buying a few blu-ray from Amazon.com. With shipping the items came to about £20, will I have to import tax? Havent ordered another from Amazon.com for years

Ewan154

Brill

Ewan154

Thanks for all the replies. Was just making sure that everything was still the same before I ordered anything.

Blupetros

Thanks for all the replies. Was just making sure that everything was still the same before I ordered anything.
Things aren't quite the same as they were. There are now two "AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping" options on checkout. One adds Import fees deposit and the other doesn't. So you have the choice of paying up front or not. Anything up to £15 before shipping should be safe to chose option without Import fees deposit. Above, it's up to you.

Ewan154

Thanks.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Why give us the price including shipping?

That only comes into play if the value of the items is over the 15 quid limit. How much is the item you are ordering?

Ewan154

The item is csi season one blu ray, the price is £12.07

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Just to add my two penneth worth, I've never had a refund from Amazon on any of the import blus no matter how small the price was :(

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
The item is csi season one blu ray, the price is £12.07
You should be fine. Well within the 15 quid limit. Don't forget to select the shipping option where you DO NOT pay the tax deposit as it is under the limit.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Just to add my two penneth worth, I've never had a refund from Amazon on any of the import blus no matter how small the price was :(
Yep. I have to chase them for every single refund. The system is bobbins! I'm just pleased they have an opt out option now.
Weird. I’ve had automatic refunds on the tax twice now, although it did take about 8 weeks like it says in the T&C.

paulboland

I get regular refund of import fee deposit from amazon USA automatically
It can take 2-6 months to get the refund notice from amazon
I even had a refund once after 8 months

Some are partial refunds reduced import fee collected and some are the full amount no fee collected

Trending threads

Top Bottom