• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying From Abroad

B

BradP

I've found a place in Indonesia called plasmasolutions. http://www.plasmasolution.net/ Has anyone heard of them? If yes and they are not dodgy would the T.V work in good old blighty. It's a Sony Bravia KDL-2000W for about £650! Even with customs charges i make it that it would only be around £850.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dwillis

Standard Member
Brad

I was also looking @ plasmasolutions.net yesterday. Have you managed to find out any information. I also have a dilemma as I fancy the PDP-427XD.

B

BradP

My problem with this site is that the general rule of thumb with the internet is if it looks to good to be true, it generally is. However, I emailed them yesterday twice, they came back quickly with replies and even said they had UK models in stock, this enticed me even more. I guess that assuming you pay by credit card and you have protection on it, you should get it back, but i'm waiting to see if anyone else knows about this lot before taking the plunge.
I have logged the same question on a couple of other sites so i'm just waiting for a reponse.

dwillis

Standard Member
Funny enough, I also sent two mails across, as you say, prompt replies, details below:

-----
Hi

We are located in Indonesia and currently we offer 2 options for shipping :

1. UPS Express 4 Day ( cost depending on your total order )

2. UPS Expedited 14 Day ( free of charge during promotion )

--------
Mr. Darren

Thanks for your interest, we are fine with shipping to UK and the price already include tax and duties.

Looking forward for your promt order.

Best Wishes, Doni Dermawan

Plasma Solution Co.
phone : +62 813 1001 7785
www.plasmasolution.net

xit2050

PLASMA SOLUTION CO.
JL. ARJUNA D5/16
CAKUNG
JAKARTA TIMUR
INDONESIA

Sales contact : [email protected]
customer service : +62 813 1001 7784
Purchase Service : +62 813 1001 77

xit2050

The domain was registered on the 16th March 2007.
:nono:

neil_t

Standard Member
My problem with this site is that the general rule of thumb with the internet is if it looks to good to be true, it generally is. However, I emailed them yesterday twice, they came back quickly with replies and even said they had UK models in stock, this enticed me even more. I guess that assuming you pay by credit card and you have protection on it, you should get it back, but i'm waiting to see if anyone else knows about this lot before taking the plunge.
I have logged the same question on a couple of other sites so i'm just waiting for a reponse.

I always wonder with these things whether the con (not saying this is one just when you are suspicious) is the money for the TV or if it's to get all your credit card details etc., don't put any store by fast responses someone actually running a business will normally take a while to respond, someone waiting for money to roll in will respond quickly IMO

Also in theory the protection offered by paying on a credit card is great but these things are never simple you would get your money back but it would take a lot of time and effort

Having said all that i'd love the company to be genuine at those prices

B

BradP

I just added a TV and proceeded to checkout just to see what payment methods were on option and it seems it's only wire transfer and nothing else which leads me to believe it probably is a bit iffy. Damn.

BrianF

I've found a place in Indonesia called plasmasolutions. http://www.plasmasolution.net/ Has anyone heard of them? If yes and they are not dodgy would the T.V work in good old blighty. It's a Sony Bravia KDL-2000W for about £650! Even with customs charges i make it that it would only be around £850.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing to consider is what happens if something goes wrong with the set during the warranty period. Would the warranty be honoured in the UK? They glibly talk about worldwide warranty but, look at the small print. You may well find that it says warranty is only valid if purchased from an official dealer and that your first step in any warranty claim is to return the set to that dealer.

rondha

xit2050

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom