Buying flat because we want flat

andrewf

Established Member
Reaction score
Wooppee :clap: I finally have enough cash to replace my CRT with an LCD (its only taken a year and a half!)

I have my choices down to 3/4. Not worried about getting everyones votes on which TV is the best overall, the forums have been fab about helping me in that regards. :thumbsup:

What I am concerned about is the Sky / Freeview / Terrestrial picture. Thing is most people seem to talk about buying with HD in mind and not worrying too much about these. I to am looking to HD, for DVD and also gaming, however I'd like to buy a flat TV cause I'd like a flat TV.

I've always wanted one.

They look good (well some do - aesthetics is important for something that is quite a large item in your lounge and something of a focal point).....

I have a great cinema set that will finally be complete with a flat TV.....

and I'll actually have part of the room back from the CRT (even though my Tosh CRT is great).

I'm clued up on all the tech stuff and I know what's what, so I'm not just buying an LCD cause I can. Most of my spare cash goes on my cinema set up and my DVD's (as my wife notices!! ;) )

However given that until HD comes in I'll will be looking at Sky a lot, do any of the current LCD's actually give good pictures for Sky etc?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom