Question Buying dilemma TV+Soundbar or TV+Speakers

Eremus

Novice Member
Hi all good afternoon,

I am new to av forums and I am needing some advice on which option to go with any suggestion would be great thanks.

I have an L shaped living room 15ft x 15ft

Seating distance from tv will be around 10ft away

Option 1: with this option I will eventually go to the 77" but can't do it and get this sound system at the same time so it
will be a 65" for now.
LG 65" GX Oled TV £3000
Panasonic UB9000 4k Blu Ray Player £850
Denon 3700h Receiver £1000
Klipsch 8000f Tower Speakers £1350
Klipsch 504c Centre Speaker £625
Klipsch 600m Bookshelf Speakers £625
Klipsch 500sa Elevation Atmos Speakers For Front and Back of the room £575 per pair
SVS PB2000 Pro Sub £1000 or 2x SVSPB1000 £1000 for 2

Option 2: If this option I will eventually go for the above speaker package but won't be straight away
LG GX 77"Oled TV £6000
LG SN11RG Soundbar £1300

Last edited:

Ambienz

Also don’t bother re Blu-ray, unless you need it. Everything is streamed these days, so use the money towards AVR and speakers. Buy them here not in a shop and it’ll go a lot further

Ambienz

Have a look at the sennheiser ambeo sound bar. It’s 2k but supposed to be the dogs. You may ditch the surround idea altogether for simplicity

gibbsy

Surround sound will trounce any soundbar if you have the room to set it up properly, especially if going for an Atmos setup. A diagram of the room would be a great help. I have an L shaped room, bigger than yours but only allowed a 65'' TV. That does at least give room for good speaker placement in a 5.1.2 configuration.

A speaker set up would also be far better for music if that's of importance but that also makes the choice of receiver a little more complicated.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Room/Layout - as gibbsy suggests a floor plan and pics make providing advice far more useful.

Kit list - have you listened to or lived with any of the items you list?

Source content - how do you plan to 'consume' your media?

Joe

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi all good afternoon,

I am new to av forums and I am needing some advice on which option to go with any suggestion would be great thanks.

I have an L shaped living room 15ft x 15ft

Seating distance from tv will be around 10ft away

Option 1: with this option I will eventually go to the 77" but can't do it and get this sound system at the same time so it
will be a 65" for now.
LG 65" GX Oled TV £3000
Denon 3700h Receiver £1000
Klipsch 8000f Tower Speakers £1350
Klipsch 504c Centre Speaker £625
Klipsch 600m Bookshelf Speakers £625
Klipsch 500sa Elevation Atmos Speakers For Front and Back of the room £575 per pair
SVS PB2000 Pro Sub £1000 or 2x SVSPB1000 £1000 for 2

Option 2: If this option I will eventually go for the above speaker package but won't be straight away
LG GX 77"Oled TV £6000
LG SN11RG Soundbar £1300

Have you considered cheaper tv + 4K projector (or just the latter) with electric screen that is mounted on ceiling in front of tv and the screen drops in front of tv via remote? Maybe it´s just me, but 3000£ for 65" tv sounds bit high. And 6000£ for slightly larger tv sounds crazy, although i understand that everyone wants OLED these days. Comparison sake cheapest models start 500£ upwards for 65", 800£ for 75" and 1800£ for 82", 2200£ for 85-86".
Whether the projector route is even option for you i don´t know, just wanted to throw this idea out there. Personally i will never pay big bucks for tv again as projector+screen is much better creating that cinematic feeling in your living room! I had 106" screen and 64" tv. Night and day difference.

If you go tv route i would consider cheaper and larger tv for 10feet watching distance, 80" seems to be smallest if looking the recommendations (6,7-10feet).

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
As Joe and Gibby say, a pic / floor plan and a use-case would be best first before looking at actual kit.

Its a common thing we have to do with our install clients, get them to take a step back and tell us how they want to use the system / room before anything else.

Ideally if you can split it into %ages as well as different system have different cross-overs.

Music / Gaming / Movies
Dedicated Room or Shared Space?

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom