1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Denon 3802

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by petrolhead, Apr 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Finally decided to buy the Denon 3802.

For the money it has everthing I need and seems to be the best at that price.

I understand Denon has a rigid waranty policy. You must buy from an authorised dealer. Am I correct in this assumption?

If so where is the best place to purchace one from, from a price point of view.

Thanks

Peter

2. Me

Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got my Denon 3802 this week. Best deal I could find from a good dealer was Digital Direct. 01204 414101.
    Mark

3. sanjay

sanjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend bought his last week from www.av4u.co.uk

They price matched a local dealer and gave a standard 2 year
    waranty !.

Price paid £ 699.00 ! The local Sevenoaks dealer wanted £ 799 !

We bought the black finish amp and rigged up same day.
    Awesome !.

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Found this statement on the www.denon.com site. Any views

WARNING TO VALUED CONSUMERS:
    The warranty on DENON Electronics products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer/on-line E-tailer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way. Recently DENON Electronics has become aware of numerous instances in which such serial number tampering has occurred. Unauthorized dealers/on-line E-tailers and/or their suppliers frequently alter the serial numbers in an effort to prevent manufacturers from tracing the supplier source. DENON Electronics sell products through authorized retail and on-line channels to insure that consumers obtain quality pre-sale and after-sale support and service. PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. Buy from an authorized DENON Electronics dealer/E-tailer. Check the unit and its packaging to determine whether the factory serial number may have been altered. If in doubt, call DENON Electronics at (973)396-0810.

5. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just compared the Arcam 200 model (the one that retails for £800) to the Denon - lt's definately better in both AV and stereo than the Denon but I don't think it has as many features - the choice is yours.

6. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Brox

Arcam 200 not ES or EX. Nice looking amp though

7. mrprelude

mrprelude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn good choice.
    I got mine from Sound & Vision in Bolton for £650. Had to wait a few months for it, though. But worth it. Wouldn't want to pay the £850.00 RRP.
    Trouble is it has taken me two weeks just to suss out the instruction manual. Did anyone else have this problem?
    You really need to read it over and over again to realise the full potential of this bit of kit.
    However, I now think I have a product that I will not need to upgrade for quite a few years.

8. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi MrPrelude

Like your choice of amp as its on my own 'very' shortlist.

Can I ask what speaker package you have hooked it up with?

I only have a small room 14 x 10 feet to fill (although exclusively for AV use)..

Owing to room constraints I did check out Bose which sounded good but it can only support 5.1 and has no upgrade path.

Am considering Mission FS2 AV also but currently seeking any alternatives ideas recommedations for subsequent auditioning..

Any pointers gratefully received.

regards

huss

:confused:

9. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Try these guys, www.discounttv.co.uk They are new (But Fully authorised!) Denon dealers, I bought a 3802 from them (stock is very tight though) for £639.00 Delivered! The unit arrived next day, They are new with denon so are probably trying to make a name for themselves, so now is probably the time to buy! I understand from friends they have a high street store (lancashire somewhere) aswell as a website. Website is a bit shaky! , but persevere cos there's bargains to be had!

10. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Clicked on a link for an AV rec and it took me to a Panasonic tv :rolleyes: .Other links appear dead as well.

11. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Well, I finally got it :)

Ended up getting it from a Local dealer for £750 so happy. If it goes wrong there is no hastle and he threw in 12M QED speaker cable for the rears.

Thanks for all your input.

12. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bought two 2802's for me and my mate. absolutely excellent, best bit of kit in my set up. and very loud,

bought from leconcepts, who appeared to be authorised. my mate managed to blow his up. our local denon dealer were going to charge £50 to look at it, when they realized leconcepts are not an approved dealer.
    apparently it had been sourced through germany.
    had a chat with leconcepts, and once we'd got through to the manager, they were good enough to swap if for another new one.
    still probably would only buy from an approved dealer from now on. try avland.co.uk.

13. mrprelude

mrprelude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently using Castle "Tay" fronts with Castle "Keep" centre. They're a few years old (the ones with the translucent cones) and some (soon to be replaced) TDL Nucleus rears.
    The Denon has seriously brought out their performance compared to the Yamaha processor and Rotel power amp set up I had before, which was far too underpowered I now realise.
    The power handling of the speakers now matches that of the amp almost perfectly now. I have noticed a serious improvement in sound quality over my previous set up.
    In fact, the Denon seems to be revealing little features for me every day. The Pro-Logic II music settings are particularly pleasing.