1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying DCR-VX2000 in US?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Reefguardian, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Reefguardian

Reefguardian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm from France and I'd like to know if there are recommandation for me about buying this camcorder in the US? No format probleme and so on?

thanks,

Steph

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To any body in England I would say no do not do it because the USA uses the NTSC television system and England uses PAL and the two are far from compatible. In France you use the SECAM system and while I suspect that that will give you problems I don't know enough about SECAM, lets hope someone else will come along and help you.

One further point against it is the warranty, what if something goes wrong with your camera, it is unlikely that the European offices will honour the American warranty and you may have to return it to the US if it goes wrong.

3. Reefguardian

Reefguardian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmh... yes, and for the price of this camera, I think it doesn't worth it... :(

Thanks!

Steph