1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Cd's?!!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by WBC, Apr 14, 2003.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Wheres the best place to buy Cd's on the web nowadays???

I'm talking cost over delivery times :smashin:

Thanks
    Stace :D

2. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CD-wow is good, most of them are £8.99 and will be on your door mat in 3 days 9 times out of 10, but they don't have the widest selection available so Amazon is also useful, albeit more expensive.

3. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for more obscure/hard to get cd`s try cdconnection.com. they are u.s. based, but very reasonable, the cd`s are very well packaged for postage, and postage time is 10 to 14 days.
    but as gambit said already, cdwow are about the cheapest, and with great service too.

4. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys!

I've used CD-Wow quite a bit but have heard they're having problems at the moment :confused: so I wanted to check with 'people in the know!'

They've got what I'm after so I'll give them a shout.

Thanks
    Stace :D

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    woolworths have some good deals at the moment - 5.99 or less for a lot of titles. plus at the mo, some of the 5.99 titles are buy 2 get 1 free.

carriage is 1.50 per order

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I order most of my CDs from www.absound.com.

Have started ordering some from www.deepdiscountcd.com, because they stock some US titles that aren't available in Canada.

Of course, I also use CD-WOW and Play now and then, but only when they're less expensive than the above.

7. Wingnut

Wingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stace,

If you're ordering from CD-Wow you may want to try their Hong Kong site which sells the same CDs for about £7.70 (instead of £8.99) @ http://www.cd-wow.com.hk.

All the prices are in $HK, but at the end you can choose to pay in £ Sterling, you log in using your normal user ID.

BTW if you want to check the price in £'s, use a currency converter site like http://www.xe.com.

I buy most of my CD's this way now and saves a packet.

You may also want to try http://www.amazon.ca and http://www.absound.com as the exchange rate is pretty good for Canadian suppliers. Remember that the package price should be less than £18 otherwise you may have to pay import duty.

BTW, what problems are CD-WOW having?, I haven't had any problems with them.

Good luck,

Wingnut

8. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I had a mail from CDwow saying that, as they are not based in the UK, and because of the situation in the middle east. A lot of deliveries were being held up. Took 4 days instea of the usual 2 for a DVD to come last week.

9. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I find www.101cd.com pretty cheap with a fairly wide selection and good service/delivery.

10. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.play.com are very good indeed. Have always delivered everything i've ordered from them within 48 hours. Free delivery, and descent prices on everything too.

11. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Has anyone tried www.phydos.com? Not the cheapest on the net, but ship from UK, and have a huge range. The Canadian retailers are also good, but you have to bear in mind that with them, and many of the 'cheap' UK net retailers (Wow; 101; Play, etc), you may not get all the tracks on your CD that are included on the UK editions. Always worth comparing track listings if, like me, it really bugs you to have tracks missing from a CD.

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, good point, but in reality, for the CDs that I've bought anyway, I've always ended up with MORE tracks on the overseas albums than on the UK release, with one or two exceptions.

Often I get a bonus disk thrown in (either another CD or a VCD or a DVD, of live footage or videos) - when was the last time you got a free VCD or DVD with a UK CD? ;)

13. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Obviously it works both ways - that's why I always try to check track listings, where available, or check the artist's website to see if there are regional differences with releases. ;)