Buying BluRay/HD-DVD drive for PC

why not just buy the bdc-202 from a store in the UK for a little bit cheaper?

looks better too

Spinke

It would work, but quite likely be locked to Region 1 (NTSC) for DVD movie playback, and Region A for Blu-ray movie playback - probably have no warranty too. I doubt it comes with any software..

enricokael2005

It would work, but quite likely be locked to Region 1 (NTSC) for DVD movie playback, and Region A for Blu-ray movie playback - probably have no warranty too. I doubt it comes with any software..

Is there any software available fro BluRay playback for PCs?

Accylad

Distinguished Member
If you buy the combo it comes with software for playing blu-ray but you will need to upgrade to Ultra to access all the latest sound formats.

It can be downloaded for $99

Adama

Tenner extra gets you PowerDVD thrown in http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/131748 - You'll need AnyDVDhd as well...

just received this last night, fitted it but not had time to try it out :smashin:

what are the extra audio formats you don't get unless you update to ultra with powerdvd?

I just want standard 5.1/7.1, none of this high def trueHD stuff, i only have a creative T7700 speaker setup

Adama

I think it was only 2.0 (Stereo) PowerDVD 7.3BD - However I was outputting through Spdif so my amp decoded 5.1 - I upgraded to PowerDVD ultra a few days later so I could watch HD-DVD's on my 360 add-on (they look better through HDMI) - Still, saved some money to get AnyDVDhd. Now I can rip films to my hard drive

mobile04

Standard Member
i was going to get that pioneer but my little voice in my head wants to wait till after the xmas mahem i may pick up a recordeble hd dvd drive for 250 ish..

hopfully.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom