Buying annual PlayStation Plus (UK) subscription from CDkeys as opposed to PS Network?

bruce-leroy

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is probably a silly question but, as I don’t game these days, I don’t want to make a mistake as its for my son.

Said son has started using PlayStation Plus so he can participate in Fifa Ultimate Team online tournament. Thus far, I’ve paid for a few PS PLUS subs directly from PlayStation Network but I’m aware you can get PS PLUS subscription codes from CDkeys with a discount compared to the PS network direct.

Is this a perfectly safe way to buy the subs? I’m thinking of getting my son the annual sub and its cheaper via CDkeys.

If I buy, do I go to the REDEEM CODE section, enter CDkeys code, and the sub will activate in the same way as if ordering directly via PS Network?

Thanks!

104B2071-E282-4D46-8688-7814731887D5.jpeg
39CE41D0-6270-46DD-BC3A-7C42DB95A662.jpg

Thanks, will have a look there. :thumbsup:

I've bought from CD-Keys and they email you the code.

Definitely get from there or ShopTo but if you can hang off till Black Friday week there are bound to be deals aplenty.

Don't think I've ever got ps plus direct from the playstation much cheaper from other places. I've used cd keys plenty of times. Codes often for sale for decent prices on the classifieds on here to.

PSN 12 month subscription will probably get a black friday deal coming up soon direct from the Playstation store, i think its 33% off. What ive done the last few years is wait for this offer and then buy the wallet top ups from cd keys! that way you save twice.

PSN 12 month subscription will probably get a black friday deal coming up soon direct from the Playstation store, i think its 33% off. What ive done the last few years is wait for this offer and then buy the wallet top ups from cd keys! that way you save twice.

Can I buy a sub (33% off 12 month for example) from PlayStation store whilst an existing sub is still active?

Can I buy a sub (33% off 12 month for example) from PlayStation store whilst an existing sub is still active?

Yes you can, and stack them on top of each other so if you can buy two or more subs , redeem them and have two+ years worth of PS+

I'm waiting for the black friday sale's and will getting a few years worth after that i can forget about it for the next few years.

Cdkeys and shopto generally have the deals on , but get in quick/early as their tend to sell out quickly

Thanks mate, just bought one. :thumbsup:

Have you seen any good deals for Fifa Ultimate Team Points and - I know this is going off topic - for Xbox Game Pass ultimate subs (as my other son has xbox)? :D
I haven't, its not something I look for ( or play )
Just got an email this morning for the ps+ , so thought I'd pass the deal on 😀

Thanks mate, just bought one. :thumbsup:

Have you seen any good deals for Fifa Ultimate Team Points and - I know this is going off topic - for Xbox Game Pass ultimate subs (as my other son has xbox)? :D
Do NOT buy Fifa Ultimate Team points. If your son is asking you for this then this is a MAJOR red flag that he is becoming addicted to the game, especially the gambling aspect of it which is where you can use said fifa points to buy packs from the FUT store for a chance to get new players. This is gambling pure and simple and you should not encourage your son to participate in this money making scheme IMHO. Rather, you should encourage him to improve at the game by playing squad battles, playing rivals and completing SBCs. If he gets good enough and qualifies for FUT Champions Play Offs, he can play them, then if he qualifies for the FUT Champions Weekend League he can play those games too. Pretty much everything you do in FUT ends up in giving FREE reward packs. You should encourage your son to be happy and stick with only the FREE REWARD packs.

This is just some friendly, helpful advice, do of course what you will, but if I were you I would first ask your son why he is asking you to buy Fifa points, and then explain to him that using those points to buy packs from the FUT Store is pure gambling and not a sensible way to spend real money especially when you can get by in the game mode by not spending a single penny more then the purchase price of the game.

Hope this helps.

Do NOT buy Fifa Ultimate Team points. If your son is asking you for this then this is a MAJOR red flag that he is becoming addicted to the game, especially the gambling aspect of it which is where you can use said fifa points to buy packs from the FUT store for a chance to get new players. This is gambling pure and simple and you should not encourage your son to participate in this money making scheme IMHO. Rather, you should encourage him to improve at the game by playing squad battles, playing rivals and completing SBCs. If he gets good enough and qualifies for FUT Champions Play Offs, he can play them, then if he qualifies for the FUT Champions Weekend League he can play those games too. Pretty much everything you do in FUT ends up in giving FREE reward packs. You should encourage your son to be happy and stick with only the FREE REWARD packs.

This is just some friendly, helpful advice, do of course what you will, but if I were you I would first ask your son why he is asking you to buy Fifa points, and then explain to him that using those points to buy packs from the FUT Store is pure gambling and not a sensible way to spend real money especially when you can get by in the game mode by not spending a single penny more then the purchase price of the game.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mallet94,

I don’t want to go off topic but i would like to address your detailed message.

Firstly, I’m not sure why I mentioned about FIFA points - maybe I thought if they’re from the official PS site, it’d be somehow more acceptable? In any case, I didn’t ultimately buy any and he never actually asked me at the time I posted the question.

However, a few months prior, he did ask me if he could spend £100 of his birthday money on FIFA coins from a dodgy looking 3rd party site advocated by idiot gaming you tubers!

We flat out refused and give him a lengthy lecture about it. Long story short, he was upset all day that he couldn’t have them…..BUT he then did exactly what you are suggesting and earned FUT points through getting better on the game rather than ‘cheating’ through buying an all star team with money. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom