1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an NW-HD3...a few Q's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Matty, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Matty

Matty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buying the Sony NW-HD3. I've read a lot of the threads here but I can't see a specific answer to a couple of q's....if the answers are out there already then apols for the repetition!

Anyway, Q1: I use Windows Media Player and have lots of playlists saved, in wpl format. Will the NW-HD3 recognise these or do I need to start again?

Q2: most of my playlists are based on star ratings, are these ratings recognised in SS3.1?

Q3: I read on a review on Amazon that the facility to charge via the USB port doesn't work and that you have to have the adapter plugged into a socket anyway. Is this true, cos I was thinking of buying one from the US.

Q4: Would there be any issues with buying one from the US, other than the plus problem?

thanks!

:thumbsup:

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    q1) nope sorry no playlists at all, the hd5 has support for m3u though

q2)nope ss sucks badly your lucky if you can even get it to transfer right.

q3)i dont think it says you can charge from usb actualy, anyway you cant, you need a regular plug socket.

q4)probably not, usb/mp3/ss are all universal, the only problem may come with charging it.

its a great bit of kit despite its flaws though.

3. Matty

Matty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate, I guess I can create new playlists (groups? bookmarks?) in SS or on the device itself, but without star ratings it's gonna be bloody guesswork. what a crock of poo that is, I may have to rethink my choice of device. Any other devices as good as the NW-HD3?