1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Alpine CDA-9883 from USA

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Explorer999111, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Explorer999111

Explorer999111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to everyone - new to Forum and this is my virgin post..
    Thinking of buying an Alpine CDA-9883, car stereo, from the States and was wondering what the implications were.
    I assume it will work in the UK but I take it RDS won't work and what about the radio in general... a friend mentioned you wouldn't get AM radio and even FM would be limited.... is this right? Also I take it the connections at the back would be non existent - i.e there wouldn't be the standard ISO(or whatever it is) plug just bare wires..... can anyone confirm this before I buy?
    Many thanks

2. seaco

seaco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Your quite right in what you say also you can't use DAB, I bought one from a chap in the UK who didn't mention that it was a US version, so I sold it on Ebay I use the radio quite alot and not having RDS with it's benefis was to much of a loss for me considering the price of them...

Hope this helps

Lee

3. Explorer999111

Explorer999111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Lee,
    Like u I listen to the radio alot, so I think I'll give it a miss and buy here

Many thanks