Buying advice - "versus"!

U

User Name

Hi all

Been lurking for a bit too long, trying to gain information on which TV to buy but I'm getting a bit tired of the dreaded research and want to take the plunge tomorrow, so I'd love your advice - especially some of the great techies here!

First of all, I'll say that the TV will be used in the bedroom and 26" is sufficient, although a 32" is also fine - if a better deal presents itself. No bigger than that, though.

It'd be used largely for the XBOX 360 (gaming and DVDs) and SDTV through the built-in freeview, and eventually I will be upgrading to a HD DVD player and will explore the full experience. Sound is reasonably important -- I don't want rubbish -- but, with that said, it's actually a pretty small room.

As to the TVs themselves, these are the few I have picked out from much reading of reviews and general opinion, with consideration to price. I would say my max mudget is £400, but ideally I'd like to spend between £300 and £350. Would you suggest that one listed below is my best bet, or perhaps even another not listed?

Toshiba 26C3030DB (£329) (or the 32C3035DB for £399)

vs.

Sharp LC26AD5E (£340-ish)

vs.

Phillips 26PFL5522D (£399 but with a 5-year warranty at John Lewis, or cheaper elsewhere)

vs.

LG 32LC56 (£399 or better)

vs.

Samsung LE-26R87BDX (£409 at Dixons)

Thanks very much for any help and opinion - "every little helps."

U

User Name

More reading here indicates the Panny 26LMD70 isn't quite up to par with a couple others, but reviews I'm seeing elsewhere are very, very high in praise for this set. It's a little more expensive at approx. £420 but I'd be willing to go a little over if it's worth it.

Ahh -- so much to take in!

Illuminattile

Standard Member
I'm probably going to end up getting the 27LMD70. The Which.co.uk reviews had the Panasonic as a Best Buy, they seemed to reckon it was very good.

I think the Which site is still doing a £1 30-Day trial, you could check out their reviews of the sets you're considering.

Artistic

Standard Member
The threads on this site seem to suggest that the Panasonix LXD70 is the best followed by Sony T3000. I seem to have settled my search on the Sony T3000. Looking for the best deal at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom