Buying advice please. Need component/dvi for projector.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mrflibble, Mar 19, 2005.

1. mrflibble

mrflibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks.

I hope you'll be able to help me.

I've just purchased the Optoma Themescene H30A projector online and want to buy a new DVD player to source it.

My current DVD player (Sony DVP-NS905) doesn't have component or DVI outputs which is what I want for the projector.

Can anyone recommend a decent DVD player for about £250 that has either of these outputs?

I've been reading about the Denon 1910 but am unsure of whether to go for the replacement Sony player for mine (the DVP-NS955 or soon the NS975 with HDMI).

I was also tempted to skint myself and go for a pricier model like the Denon 2910, is the jump from £250 to £500+ worth it do you think?

Also I'd like opinions on whether to go with a long component cable or use a long DVI cable to the projector. Can I expect similar picture quality with both?

Any recommendations on cables would be handy as well ;).

Thanks very much in advance!
    Kind Regards,
    Flib.

2. mrflibble

mrflibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks.

Well I'm an impatient bloke, so I've gone and ordered an Denon DVD 2910 with some cables. An s-video for the couple of months before I move house, and a cheap dvi to dvi cable (from keene.co.uk).

I'm not sure whether this cheap dvi cable will be good enough or whether to get a decent (and very long) dvi to dvi cable, or go the component route (any advice would be appreciated).

Regards,
    Flib.