Buying advice needed

wrightie01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly may I say hello to all fellow members, I have been lurking for a good while now and picked up many tips. However, the down side is that I am noe even more confused with prices, options, formats etc etc.

So....

I would like to buy my first ever Plasma TV. I usually buy Panasonic for most other electricals.

I have SKY+ and will consider getting SKY HD when it is released.

I also have multiregioned Panasonic Home Theatre system, In which I sometimes play NTSC dvd's.

I would prefer a floor cabinet or pedestal as wall hanging is not an option for me.

I would like it to have speakers, and be freeview enabled.

A suitable JL price match would be great to get the 5 yr warranty.

A free home cinema or dvd recorder would be great, but not really needed.

These are my requirements, I would appreciate any help offered. My budget is £2000 (top end) a 37 or 42 inch screen please , but no larger than 42.

Thanks in advance!

Havent you just answered your own question there? I think the 37pv500 is the only thing that satisfies your criteria within budget. Great choice though :thumbsup: but demo before you buy :lesson:

acrmorris said:
Havent you just answered your own question there? I think the 37pv500 is the only thing that satisfies your criteria within budget. Great choice though :thumbsup: but demo before you buy :lesson:

To be honest, I dont think I have, hence the post. There are more than just Panasonic panels out there, was kinda looking for some advice as to matching up my requirements, do i really need HD, buying a panel only etc. As it would be my first one I know that there are much cheaper options, even staying with Panasonic but buying a non HD one. Id also like to hear comments on other manufacturers panels compatible with my exisiting equipment

You might just get a 42" PV500 with pedestal for that money, the pioneer is well over your budget.
I haven't seen the samsungs, LG's etc but can recommend the PV500.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom