Buying advice 65" LG C1 vs 55" Sony a90j

bmd0403

Novice Member
My Panasonic plasma (p50st30) died recently and I'm in the market for a new TV.

Having read up on OLEDs for a week now, I've narrowed my choice down to an LG or a Sony

Price is a factor, I would be able to afford either a 65" LG C1 or a 55" Sony A90J for $500 more than the LG.

My viewing distance is 7 feet. I would use the TV primarily for PS5, watching movies and streaming sports from my PC located in a different room with an existing 100 foot HDMI cable run from my rtx 2070. From what I understand there are limitations to in this setup using such a long HDMI cable...4k/2k @ 60hz.

My questions to you good people are:

In my situation, would the a90J at 55" at $500 more than the 65" C1 be worth it?

Is 65" at a viewing distance of 7 feet excessive anyway?

Thanks for your help!

deon444

Distinguished Member
In your situation I would choose the 65" c1,it's better for gaming and more importantly suits your viewing distance. A 55" will be far less impactful with 4k content at 7'.

I have a 65" A90J and sit about 6.5ft away and find that perfect for my viewing distance for 4k content.

And as good as I think the A90J is,I would easily take a 65" C1 over a 55" A90J
My Panasonic plasma (p50st30) died recently and I'm in the market for a new TV.

Having read up on OLEDs for a week now, I've narrowed my choice down to an LG or a Sony

Price is a factor, I would be able to afford either a 65" LG C1 or a 55" Sony A90J for $500 more than the LG.

My viewing distance is 7 feet. I would use the TV primarily for PS5, watching movies and streaming sports from my PC located in a different room with an existing 100 foot HDMI cable run from my rtx 2070. From what I understand there are limitations to in this setup using such a long HDMI cable...4k/2k @ 60hz.

My questions to you good people are:

In my situation, would the a90J at 55" at $500 more than the 65" C1 be worth it?

Is 65" at a viewing distance of 7 feet excessive anyway?

Thanks for your help!

gmoore23

65'' all day long. The much bigger screen size is far more immersive than marginally better HDR performance.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
interesting because I’m in the same situation , I think I’m going for the 65” c1 and the atmos soundbar offer from RS 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom