1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a Yamaha from Pixmania

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Marmite, Jul 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Marmite

Marmite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have seen the Yamaha RXV 657 at Pixmania for £301 :clap:

Im pretty close to making a purchase, but i just want to know if there will be any downsides to buying from this site, as they get a lot of their stock from France and im concerned there may be a reason behind the great price.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I bought a digital camera from them and it was shipped directly from France to me but they did include a free plug adaptor and all manuals were in 10 languages so wasnt a problem.

Service I received was a little below average - paid for 48 hr delivery and it took them 4 days. Had to complain in writting and they initially blamed the courier for failing to deliver in time - only when I pointed out that it took them over 48hrs to give it to the courier did I actually get any sense from them.

Potential issue over warrenty and consumer rights but the EU is becoming a much safer and easy place to buy from than it ever used to be. There are plenty of people on here who are buying Yamaha products from Germany with little problem.

3. Marmite

Marmite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ive purchased an MP3 player from them a few months back and they supplied the plug adaptor thing.

I was more concerned about the specs of the amp being different in any way though. Ive noticed that some Yamahas say specifically that they are UK tuned

4. Marmite

Marmite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Oh bugger - they seem to have sold out :(

5. joydivision1980

joydivision1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered a Yamaha 657 amp 3 weeks ago from Pixmania. Phoned several times and they could still not give me an estimated delivery time! Plus they have charged my credit card already the b*stards so i have cancelled my order.

6. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received mine from www.technikdirekt.de They seem to have it in stock since the waiting time till delivery was 12 days, the price was euro 419.00 and delivery charges euro 70.00 (approximately GBP 289.00 and 41.5) They accept credit cards, and this makes it easier.

7. systemsdead

systemsdead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,250
  8. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, bad math it is GBP 338 with delivery.

9. Marmite

Marmite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Arrrrgh! Im still after a bloody amp so that i can go ahead and buy some CD1's.

I basically want something that has a decent number of optical inputs (3 or more), performs well in stereo mode (for when i get some floorstanders added), can do 7.1, and has the audio delay feature. Looking to spend about 300 max. Oh, and auto set up would be good as im a complete newb!

Any ideas?! Im stuck.