Buying A Xbox 360 ?

gosties

I am at the moment considering buying a 360. The main reason I have not bought a 360 at present is that I have a 28ins CRT TV. Would it be worthwhile buying one now or waiting until I buy a LCD TV in a couple of months. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

The gamestation package for 304.99 looks very good. Are you able to change any of the games in the bundle for alternatives.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ANGUZ

I`ve have had mine since October last year, I too only have a 28" CRT at mo saving for a LCD, you wont be sorry you got one, graphics are still great on a CRT

daveaka

Graphics are even better if you use a RGB Scart cable.

m1ket

I am at the moment considering buying a 360. The main reason I have not bought a 360 at present is that I have a 28ins CRT TV. Would it be worthwhile buying one now or waiting until I buy a LCD TV in a couple of months. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

The gamestation package for 304.99 looks very good. Are you able to change any of the games in the bundle for alternatives.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

i have a big screen lcd and a 28" CRT and it still looks great on the CRT (i would recommend buying the RGB Scart cable), just think when you eventually get a HDTV it will be an instant upgrade :)

the gamestation pack does indeed look great:clap:

fluffrick

Can't speak in regards to the Gamestation bundle, but picked up my 360 Premium, 3 games and a third-party remote at Currys in Sheffield just over an hour ago for £300.

Games in the bundle were "Gears of War", "Crackdown" and "Rockstar Table Tennis", but the branch I went to didn't have "Gears", so swapped that out for an alternate title.

Fairly happy bunny to be honest.

And you'll never believe which game I swapped to...:D

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Can't speak in regards to the Gamestation bundle, but picked up my 360 Premium, 3 games and a third-party remote at Currys in Sheffield just over an hour ago for £300.

Games in the bundle were "Gears of War", "Crackdown" and "Rockstar Table Tennis", but the branch I went to didn't have "Gears", so swapped that out for an alternate title.

Viva Pinata? :suicide:

mike_6480

Guitar Hero II?

fluffrick

Viva Pinata? :suicide:

Jeez, it's like you were in Currys with me...

Scary.

Fun game. Not "Gears of War", obviously, but definately a break from the general 360 shooter/action game norm.

The game that my wife and I have been playing most, though, is the pre-loaded Hexic HD effort which comes with the machine.

Let the flaming begin!;)

gosties

Finally bit the bullet and bought one out of Woolworths. £300 for Gears Of War, Crackdown & Project Gotham Racing 3 with an additional wireless controller bundled.

Also bought Pro Evo 6 and an official remote for another £50. The one problem I keep getting is that Pro Evo is stating that the disc should be inserted in a Xbox 360. The other games and DVD's work perfectly so I will have trip back into town tomorrow for to get the Pro Evo disc exchanged for another copy.

I just hope it is that disc and not a problem with the console's laser already.

justdoit

It's a bit late for you as you have bought but for others (including the ones who missed out on the premium packs for £150 at the co-op) check this deal out http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000JL2BIO/ref=dp_olp_2/202-0371264-3919813 Premium bundle pack with PES6 for only £201.98 shipped from Germany. Found it whilst looking for a xbox 360 for my girlfriends son and duly ordered one - even makes play.coms core for £150 seem overpriced!

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom