Buying a White PSP : Advice Needed

hughesy

Established Member
Reaction score
K guys, don't ask why but i'm selling on my psp just to upgrade (well not really) to the white one.

So i need to find out where the best place to buy one is...

The obvious one is ebay.... Can anyone recommend a seller, does anyone know people shipping within uk or ireland?? I really don't want to get stung for customs!!!

That is why i really don't want to use Lik-sang or playasia as neither will mark down to avoid customs!!!

Was hoping movietyme where doing the white ones as they claim back the charges if they occur.

Any extra information would be helpful!!! :lease:

will do thanks ;)

Which dvd forums by the way??

dvdforums.com

dave1de said:
dvdforums.com

Are you sure??

For some reason that web page is about setting up a DSL/cable webserver from home???

look here

oops, sorry you access it from dvdtimes.co.uk

Cheers, must of never saw it....

or saw the price and disgarded it from my brain!!!

At that price, it's nearly worth giving it a go somewhere else and hoping not to get stung...

Thanks 4 pointing it out to me though :thumbsup:

hunts1uk said:
Just that im about to order one.

Are you getting it from yes-asia???

Is there any chance you can send me a link to where on dvdforums the thread about yes-asia is??? I can't seem to find it (there is no search facility) and it wont let me registar as i use a "yahoo" address!! :mad:

You won't be able to view the thread unless you join m8.Everyone seems to have recived there PSP's without customs charges.There 20 odd pages to the thread and only one (from what i've read) has been unhappy and that was to do with DHL.

Ordered m8,also emailed copy of my credit card for security.If you manage to get on to dvdforums m8 you will be able to read for yourself.

Got my White PSP from yesasia on Tuesday - no customs charges. But when the package hit the UK the courier stuck it in the normal post! (said they tried to deliver it which they did not) just luck my postie is a friendly chap and picked it up for me so no harm would come of it.

The courier in the UK was Inter Express (as opposed to Parcel Force) and I just count myself very lucky thet they did post it - the vast majority of my goods couriered by Inter Express have gone missing - stolen? (ToysRus use them a lot) - I've lost about 8/10 things from these guys. :thumbsdow

Pleas note that it was firmware v2.01 and the vast majority coming in from now on will be 2.01 or higher. Trying to find a white 1.5 brand new imported will be like trying to find rocking horse poo I think....

Hi

I was the unhappy chappy who posted on the dvdforum thread about Yesasia.
UPS did indeed damage my psp and it took me a lot of emailing to Yesasia before they finally agreed to send me a replacement psp.

Many people have been happy with the service that Yesasia delivered so maybe I was just unlucky with my experience with them.

I did get hit twice with customs charges (£14.73 each time) and Yesasia will only give me credit to spend with them and refused to give me a "real" refund to my credit card.

I agree that getting a homebrew friendly psp is getting harder by the day especially if you are chasing a white version.
Maybe it would be worth emailing companies to see if they will guarantee you a firmware 2.00 ?

Good luck

Drphibes

Drphibes glad you got it sorted m8. :thumbsup:

hunts1uk said:
Drphibes glad you got it sorted m8. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Well worth the wait and I am loving the psp :smashin: .
There does not however seem to be a level on consistency when it comes to buying a psp from yesasia.
Some people have had their psp's marked down to avoid customs , people like myself have ordered the psp with standard shipping and it has been upgraded to express (nice and quick but the fast shipping seems to attract customs).

Drphibes

drphibes, i'd hang tough as i'm sure there'll be a downgrade soon!!

Ordered mine from Movietime next day delivery.Ordered 11am Wed and arrived recorded del 10am Wed no charges.Thats under 24 hrs excellent service, great machine even better in white.

L.SKYWALKER said:
Ordered mine from Movietime next day delivery.Ordered 11am Wed and arrived recorded del 10am Wed no charges.Thats under 24 hrs excellent service, great machine even better in white.

WOW...you got it before you ordered it :p

If i wait til november 17th, and order off playasia, i can get the 1gig card included with the PSP for the same price as the PSP alone on movietyme....

We were getting a bit desperate to make sure our oldest son got a PSP for Xmas so I have ordered the ceramic from Movietyme after CRaig said they had them in stock for a next day delivery (hopefully should eb delivered to where I work on Monday).

I know it is a bit more expensive but at lesst I know I don't have to worry about customs and I have always had good dealings with Movietyme so they are a known factor for me.

...plus I can be sure I will get to see the look of shock on my sons face on Christmas morning when he see's his new white PSP (he dosn't even know a white version is available outside the UK!).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom