BUYING A USED TPM MODULE

JL12W7

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some advice does anyone know that if I buy a used TPM Module which is compatible with my motherboard and if it was not cleared or written back to an unused state if I connect the TPM Module to my motherboard can I use it or would it still be locked out or have I the ability to wipe it and start fresh. My mate is selling one but he is looking £30 for it so before I buy it I would prefer to know before hand as I doubt I would be receiving a refund if it was locked and I had no way to access it. Any reply will be gravely appreciated and thank you to all who do in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes well without going into gratutious detail my mate lives 3890 miles away not exactly handy, shipping costs £15 and I then pay £15 for the TPM Module he will not ship it wothout me paying up front unfortunately. Suppose if we lived in an ideal world I could collect it from him, oh well thanks for the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
he will not ship it wothout me paying up front unfortunately.
Doesn't sound like much of a mate to me, sounds like he's more likely to shaft you. Anyway JollyJamma has a great solution for you above so looks like there's your answer

Doesn't sound like much of a mate to me, sounds like he's more likely to shaft you.
Agreed ^

Why would you pay £30 for an ~£18 module?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom