Quantcast

Promoted Buying a TV for the footy? Ask these 5 questions first

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
I know this article has been 'dumbed down' a little to help less knowledgeable people easier understand what to think about when choosing a tv but some of it is....em...

Quote:

With a larger screen you can see more of the pitch, for example. Being able to see a larger area of the playing surface also gives you a better understanding of what’s going on in the match.

Simply not true. You can only see the amount of the pitch that the cameraman has framed in his shot - a bigger TV won't let you see more of the pitch - thats just a crazy assumption!

Simba

Distinguished Member
I know this article has been 'dumbed down' a little to help less knowledgeable people easier understand what to think about when choosing a tv but some of it is....em...

Quote:

With a larger screen you can see more of the pitch, for example. Being able to see a larger area of the playing surface also gives you a better understanding of what’s going on in the match.

Simply not true. You can only see the amount of the pitch that the cameraman has framed in his shot - a bigger TV won't let you see more of the pitch - thats just a crazy assumption!
I thought I was reading that wrong but glad I wasn't....I stopped reading the rest of the article at this point.

angelislington

Blatant misselling. I know it's a promoted post but it should never have been allowed to be published with an obvious lie.