Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Buying a Television/DVD Combi.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by loadsofleads, Nov 6, 2003.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mothers finally decided to get a new tv after her ageing tv gave up the ghost. Remarkably she says she also wants to buy a DVD player and freeview adapter to go with it :eek: I think the poor cows been on the whisky :rolleyes:
    I am now in charge of buying this with the brief of "I want it cheap but it's got to have to last longer than me" :nono:
    I'm now on the lookout for a 28" tv with built in DVD player and freeview adapter. I'm guessing buying a tv with all the gubbins built in would be cheaper ? Total cost must not exeed around 600 quid :confused:
    I'd prefer to buy in a large store like Currys or Comet as she wouldn't allow her Credit Card near the internet (In case it gets hacked or somfinck ;) )
    I remember seeing a Thomson Tv/Dvd combi a while back but ain't seen one in a while. I know I can get a Freeview box for about 80 quid.

Any of you guys got any ideas

:smoke:

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi taffyboyo,

Just been checking pricerunner and it came up with these tv's with built in dvd player :-

http://uk.pricerunner.com/sound-and...101522=101522&c_158119=158119&c_139534=139534

I would'nt say that these were that cheap really, sure you could pick up a tv and seperate dvd a bit cheaper, bit more selection as well. Something like :-

http://uk.pricerunner.com/sound-and...106084,139550&c_106084=106084&c_139550=139550

with a dvd player :-

http://uk.pricerunner.com/sound-and...106279=106279&c_106280=106280&c_152519=152519

You could maybe get a tv with build in digital tuner, maybe something like the Sony KD28-DX40 and just buy a seperate dvd player?

Just a few ideas, hope it helps.

Regards

Paul

:smashin:

4. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for the advice guys. I must admit I've seen this and even though it ain't widescreen It looks a good un. With a freeview box for under 50 quid me mam will be well pleased.