Buying a Smart LED TV

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by sammiesamson, Feb 18, 2014.

1. sammiesamson

sammiesamson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.

First of all, I would like to mention that I'm new here so I'm appologizing in advance if I missed the thread or something.

So, a few weeks ago I started to thinking about getting myself a new and a bigger TV but unfortunately I really can't decide which one would be the best spend of money.
    My current TV is some Philips 32" LCD, I think around 5000 series, and it's still not that bad, but somehow I wish a bigger TV now. :) I'm buying a new TV now for at least 5 years (but I think even more), so I really wouldn't like to buy something not good and throw away alot of money. :D

My budget is max. about 1500€ (I come from Slovenia). I decided only that much that it has to be a 55" sized TV because I'm watching it from at least 3m away. But when it comes to a manufacturer and a model/series I really can't decide. I'm choosing between Samsung and Sony now, but in the beginning of the research also Panasonic and LG was in play.
    Last Friday I was in a store with TVs and somehow I most liked the look of the Samsung's menus and Smart feautures. I was completely decided to go with a F7000 because I can get a 55" version for my budget and there is basically not much difference between F8000 (as far as I learnt from the Web). But then yesterday I started to thinking again if maybe the Sony W905A would still be a better choice, because alot of guys are telling me that it has an extraordinary picture quality, and I was also reading that W905 is the best in terms of lagg when gaming. And in the feature I'm planning to play some games via TV connected to my PC.

The things that I want from the new TV:
    - great picture quality ofcourse; in TV channels, movies (2D & 3D), also gaming
    - as much Smart features as possible (Samsung wins there for me, as I really like the look of menus)
    - good connectivity with other smart devices like smartphone, tablet, PC
    - it must have Picture in Picture option
    - option to record a TV channel on USB or external disk
    - thin edge/bezel

I'm totally confused and really can't decide which TV I should go with, and because of that I made an account here to ask you pros for some honest help.

I will be really grateful for some recommendations and suggestions.

Thanks alot to all for help!

Kindest regards,
    Sam.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. sammiesamson

sammiesamson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So really nobody can't help me? :( Or did I wrote too complicated post? :D