Buying a SKY+ HD box second hand

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I bought a second hand SKY+HD box from eBay and swapped this over with my normal SKY + box that I have in my bedroom, would i be able to get the free to view HD channels on it, like BBC and ITV? Is it as simple as plugging in my viewing card?
Thanks

Free to view channels are just that - free. No need for a viewing card unless it is a paid for subscription card whereby you will need to call Sky and get it paired with the box.

Last edited:
Cards don't get plugged in, and free channels - reasonably enough - don't need any card anywhere.
If you insert a Sky subscription card or FSFS card into the slot, that will provide the channels that it provides now.

Cards don't get plugged in, and free channels - reasonably enough - don't need any card anywhere.
If you insert a Sky subscription card or FSFS card into the slot, that will provide the channels that it provides now.

I’m a little confused.
The HD box will be replacing my existing Sky + box which I pay a subscription for so I would need to put my card in to the new HD box to watch the channels that I already pay for.
I just want to know two things.
1) Do I need to pair my new HD box with my existing card?
2) In addition to the channels that I already pay for will I also be able to watch BBC and ITV in HD?
Thanks in advance

That's OK.
You call Sky to pair the card with the new machine.
The BBC1/2 and ITV1 HD channels are free.
HTH - Logi

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom