1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a PSP in Canada

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Munkey Boy, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Does anyone know what the value pack retails for in Canada at the moment and where is best to buy from? I can't for the life of me find out in my searches... I see DVDBoxOffice do it for $375CA imported, so what would the high st retail price be?

I have a friend in Canada at the moment who's looking to pick one up for me and bring it home, but doesn't know where to go or what a good price is... TIA

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    i've asked over on my 'other' forum so hopefully one of the canadian posters will respond in the next few days. I should be online sunday afternoon if your about

3. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I don't know if this is any use to you, but videogamesplus are based in Canada and currently have a PSP value pack at $340Canadian plus delivery. Thats a little over £143.

4. DeepS

DeepS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Lorenzini

I was in Canada last week and I picked up a PSP from the local Bestbuy store.
    I did not bother ordering it from the web as I wanted to check the screen for dead pixels. Luckily there were none. If there were any, Bestbuy said they would swap it for another.

I purchased it for $343 Can inc GST & PST (VAT). Make sure you claim the GST & PST back at the airport, this takes the price back to $300 Can. You have to show the PSP and receipt to a customs officer and get the receipt stamped. Then go to the Cash Refund desk to get the money.

Check out: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=22453
    http://www.globalrefund.com/default.asp?viewSectionId=167

DeepS

5. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Cheers DeepS - exactly what I was after! Will pass on the message. So the retail price was $300CA then? Thats £132! Not a bad deal...

6. DeepS

DeepS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I should add that the GST & PST refund company take a cut of $10-15 Can for using their service. This adds about £5 on to your total price.

DeepS

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    My canadian mate says that in the store near him they are 340CAD including a game.

8. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Cheers, Pooon, any chance you know what the store is called? (or is it just some local independent?)

9. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    This is what he said:
    that's the price that we're selling them for right now (loblaws/zehrs/etc.), which are larger supermarkets..

i just quickly checked our flyer, and that's what the retail wuz/is.. for more information, you could check Future Shop or Best Buy.. those would be the other big ones that would have it.. the independent type stores might be a tad more expensive, but within the same ballpark..

speaking for our company, we can sell stuff like psp's and dvd's and stuff cheaper, cuz we make higher profit margins on other things, since we're not focused on video games and stuff.. plus, we buy in such huge quantities, that we're buying them for a lower price (not 100% certain, but as$uming) from the manufacturers..

and another guy said:

if i may, the PSP is listed at $299(no games) at Future Shop(big chain). games run from $50 to $60...plus taxes of course, which you should be able to claim back on yer way out of our beautiful country!