1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rg141, Jan 3, 2005.

1. rg141

rg141

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey evry1, I've just joined this forum after hearing many recommendations from my friends. I wanted some advice on buying a projector, specifically i wanted some info and advice on the Toshiba dlp mt200, i wanted to know if it 1) had electronic tilt 2) lamp usage counter and 3) if it was the best under £1000 projector on the market??If anyone's got any screenshots of it working, it would be much appreciated! Many thanx in advance for any advice given :smashin:

2. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya

Just got one yesterday --extremley happy at the minute - yes it has a lamp counter, and lets you know when the bulb is nearing its' end ---so you can save up for the bulb:)

No tilt, just keystone

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    The Tosh is reviewed in the latest Home cinema choice and gets a good writeup, though was not placed higher than either the Sanyo Z3 or the Panny AE700 in the opinion of the reviewer.
    Notice it's only 854x480 resolution vs 1280x720 which the Panny, Sanyo and the TX100 for that matter has.
    When buying the TX100 I thought that resolution was an important and fundamental factor for picture quality but it doesn't seem to be given much of a priority by anyone. Is it that important?
    ...PJ