1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by samster, Mar 26, 2003.

1. samster

samster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this however, I have been reading this forum for a while and have now decided to take the plunge and purchase plasma. Through reading this forum I've noticed that whatever Plasma I buy is going to be down to personal opinion therefore, I have decided to purchase the Panny 42".

Looking around I have found Richer Sounds to be the cheapest however, I would like some help on whether people have bought their plasma from them and what the outcome was. i.e. have you had trouble with them or the screen or are they a good outfit to get my plasma from. I know they sell European screens but they say the warranty isn't a problem and their supercare service backs up the manufacturers warranty!

Money isn't the biggest issue however, I don't want to spend over the odds, it's more about trying to get a troublefree screen with a supplier who can provide the service to back this up.

So if anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Sam

2. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd be better off asking this in the plasma forum.

I got my Panny screen from RS, and it is a EU model. Not a problem for me, but they did say it was a UK model (the receipt says so too).

I'm at the stage where they will confirm, in writing, that if the screen fails in the first year they'll supply a loan screen whilst Panasonic repair my screen (the UK warranty specifies a swap-out service, the EU warranty is just back to base).

In fairness to RS, they did me a very good deal, the EU screen is identical in every way to the UK model, and overall I'm happy.

If you search for my posts in the plasa forum you'll find some more details on this. Good luck!

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,405
    Moving to the Plasma forum.

4. samster

samster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for moving it to the Plasma forum. Being new to this I forgot to check whether it was in the plasma forum.