• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying a plasma in 2015

ulao

Novice Member
Hi, I hope not to cause any forum fails here and I'm very familiar with plasma's as I have had two of them for 5+ years now. Sadly my panny died on me, video tries to come on then the power LED flashes. So rather then fixing it, and being I'm in the market, I have decided to get another.

I was thinking about OLED but I'm looking for $2000-2500 here not a $4k tv. LEDs/LCDs just don't do it for me and I figure since Plasmas are on the way out why note grab a deal?

Thoughts and option welcome here Don't mind here that but I'm not complete new to TVs.
I'm Not really big in to 3d or curved tv's. 4k is not much of a big deal to me either but figure I may as well get that. Looking for a 65+(Max size for the room would be 80. ) inch this time. I have seen two I like so far but looking for reviews anymore is horrible. Way too much pollution out there. So I'm hoping to get some insight others or other models in the rang I'm looking for.

Samsung PN64F5500 64-Inch(or PNF8500)
Sharp AQUOS LC-70UQ17U 70"

This is mainly going to be a movie TV, I have other TV's for gaming so refresh rates are not a huge deal and always like the plasma picture.

If the plasma option is out and I'm just wishful thinking I'll have to go LED

So far the Sony BRAVIA XBR 75X850C looks best to me.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom