• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying a new TV tonight. Do I go X3030 or C3030?

Zomoniac

Standard Member
After much argument this afternoon, John Lewis have refunded me £995 for my slightly faulty 50" Bravia KA012 or something (RP beast).

So I'm going down to Empire tonight to buy a new TV, either a Toshiba or Samsung, 37" or 42".

The problem is I don't know which one to get. I want it to last me a few years, and I watch some HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays, so my new-toy-loving instincts are telling me to get a 1080p. But I also know that the majority of my TV usage comes from playing Xbox 360 and PS3 games, the bulk of which are 720p. And knowing how awful a 576p image looks on a 720p screen being stretched out, I dread to think how bad a 720p image would look being blown up to 1080p resolutions.

So to those with 360s and PS3s and X3030s, how do they look? How big is the difference when doing between a 1080p film and a 720p game? Anyone got any pics they can post?

Ta.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom