Buying a new PS3 off ebay and......

I

iron_lifter

I was wondering, is there a way to tell for sure that its brand new and unused as advertised? The listing said its new, unused with 12 month Sony warrenty but tested to see if it powers up ok. So I was wondering, is there any way to tell if it really hasnt had any "use" other than being powered up?

For example is there any service menu which tells how many hours usage its had... etc... any give aways that anyone knows of?

Thx my forum friends ;-)

shandyman

I was wondering, is there a way to tell for sure that its brand new and unused as advertised? The listing said its new, unused with 12 month Sony warrenty but tested to see if it powers up ok. So I was wondering, is there any way to tell if it really hasnt had any "use" other than being powered up?

For example is there any service menu which tells how many hours usage its had... etc... any give aways that anyone knows of?

Thx my forum friends ;-)

Check the firmware version number maybe?

I

iron_lifter

I did think that yer but I quess that could be anything depending how long it sat in storage etc. i remember on older Sony DVD players there was a service menu which told you hours usage, I wondered if the PS3 has something similar.

nil102

Novice Member

Thx my forum friends ;-)
Tested means USED sealed means NEW on Ebay anyway:smashin:

I

iron_lifter

Well I decided to go ahead with the sale as i really want a 60 gig, its arrived and all seems well.

Im curious

Does anyone know if I can contact sony with the PS3's serial number for them to tell me the exact date of manufacture etc?

jonspurs

Not sure about serial number, but if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it roughly?

I

iron_lifter

Not sure about serial number, but if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it roughly?
Cheap for ebay they are going for crazy prices £500-£600

I payed £400 + £15 postage = £415 and got two controllers and 2 games

Spy

Thx my forum friends ;-)
I believe there is a sticker on the underside of the console that inidicates the manufacturing date which may partly help.

I

iron_lifter

I believe there is a sticker on the underside of the console that inidicates the manufacturing date which may partly help.
This would help greatly, can any PS3 owners confirm this?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom