Question Buying a new gaming TV

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Wafx, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Wafx

Wafx
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

I'm new here and very new to buying a tv as well.

I've little knowledge on what to look for when it comes to specifications on a TV, let alone when it comes to gaming TV.

So my question is, what should I look for when buying a TV and perhaps if someone could recommend me a TV that suits my needs.

The primary use of this TV will be for gaming, PS4 as of now and hooking it up to my PC for both gaming and sometimes movies. Size-wise I'm looking at around 55" on a budget of tops $1500-1600 which hopefully could even be discounted around here in the coming few weeks due to holidays.

What specs should I be looking for in this case? Good picture? Any other spec that will affect gaming experience? refresh rates?

Worth mentioning I will be plugging in speakers from my studio rig through 3.5mm from the TV if it's an option to a pod out through XLR to speakers, so the sound quality on said TV is something I'm willing to sacrifice for better picture quality.

Hopefully this is enough information, if not then let me know and I'll fill in as needed.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers.