Buying a new 40inch LCD telly, and worried about input lag/response time

DongaTon

Guys,

I'm wanting your opinions on this subject. I never realised it was an issue, but it seems newer tvs, with all the processing they do to make everything look better supposedly, can have a detrimental effect on the delay in you pressing your buttons and something happening on the screen! :)

Now, I am cacka gibbon enough at games, esp online as it is, so don't need this! Is it REALLY a big issue, have you found? I'm looking at two tellies that are going to cost me a lot of money, and I don't want to shell out and find I'm bemoaning the fact that it is no use for Call of Duty or Gears or whatever, even normal offline games.

I am hoping to get a Sony KDL40W4500 for around 899 or, and most probably what I will get,
the Samsung LE40A686 for around 759 (same to all intents and purposes as a LE40A656)

Does anyone game on the 360 with these tellies or similar,and have issues? I know Guitar Hero has a Lag adjustment tool in the game, but didn't realise it was referring to this sort of thing.

I have looked around the LCD forums on here, but I think this has a relevant reason to be in the 360 section too, thanks.

Cheers in advance,

Greg

Boon72

i have a Sony 40V3000 with a 360 & PS3 and i have never had any issues with lag input

Craigy

Distinguished Member
Same here, I am poopoo undies at games and have a Tosh z3030 but lag is not an issue at all.

I heard about lag on amplifiers (have a Onkyo 606 which allows a m/s modifier) but never needed to adjust it.

Is the Sony the one that allows 24fps? because that is well good, same as my tosh.

DongaTon

Yeah, the sony does mate, but the Sammy does too, and as so much cheaper I think I can't resist!

Thanks lads, anyone else have opinions on this, or mods move to main page if you think it is relevant? Thanks

Craigy

Distinguished Member
One other bit of advice, look on digitaldirect.co.uk and compare prices as they got my telly to me for £400 less than other places.
edit, checked that site and that sony model is the same price you quoted.

Last edited:

DongaTon

Thanks lads, I've taken the plunge and went for the Samsung LE40A686 (practically the same as the LE40A656 apart from colour)

Anyone got this screen? Issues? Happy with it? Cheers

mephestic

Standard Member
hey mate,

How did this tv perform? Im very curious as im looking for a good 40inch tv too for my room for purely xbox 360 gaming and im after a samsung preferably as i hear they are generally quite good!

Did this tv perform well ? any updates on whether it has input lag? if so how bad? let us know dude!

Adicolor

Novice Member
Thanks lads, I've taken the plunge and went for the Samsung LE40A686 (practically the same as the LE40A656 apart from colour)

Anyone got this screen? Issues? Happy with it? Cheers
I have the LE40A656 and i can honestly say that it's the mutts !!! Really awesome picture quality, the 100Hz motion plus adds that little bit extra and there are enough settings to play about with to keep any man happy !!

This is my 3rd Sammy after originally buying an LE32R73BD which was great 3 years ago when i bought it but with the new 40" things don't get much better as far as i'm concerned :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good choice !!!!

Last edited:

DongaTon

Cheers mate!

I'm really happy with it, a month or so on. No probs with input lag whatsoever as far as I can see, though i do play connected to VGA which may have somethng to do with that?

2flash

Standard Member
I have a Samsung LE46A558P3 and i'm very happy with the results and i'm very glad that i didnt go with the 6 series but that i'm not gonna discus because it's a matter of taste. If you are looking to play with consoles you cand go with the 5 series.

Shortly dont be fooled by the "100Hz motion Plus" that the 6 series and not just samy but the other brands offer too.

As i mentioned earlyer it's a matter of taste.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom