Buying a Multi-Region BR player from the Netherlands

shand754

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Tempted to buy a BR player that has been made multi-region and I have seen a Netherlands based supplier mentioned on these forums.

As this would I assume be a Dutch player would I need anything additional in terms of a power supply to run it of the UK mains or would it just be a case of getting an EU to UK plug adaptor?

We have the same voltage, just a different plug. Don't know anymore info about these players though. ;)

I live in The Netherlands and rang stegen.com today. I had my original Xbox modified from this guy so he is real. He has the solution working on the Sony models and said that the same firmware solution would be available for the Samsung BDP 1400 within a couple of weeks.

From my point of view, the only reason I would get this modification done is for Fox titles. However at EUR 150 for the modification and Fox titles being released at EUR 21.50 locally, it will be a while before this pays itself off.

jvb.nl are doing the Sony players with hardware Bluray and DVD multi region from 535 Euros. I used them for my SDI DVD player and they were quick to deliver a neatly modded player.

I was going to go for this but have decided to wait for the Panasonic BD30 which is 1.1 compliant to be made region free. Stegen are working on it now apparently.

Of course Panasonic have now announced a 2.0 profile player for the Summer so I might wait even longer....

Man this thread is like deja vu from 10 years ago!
What is it with the Netherlands and hardware modding!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom