buying a mp3 player need help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tonyamh, Dec 28, 2006.

1. tonyamh

tonyamh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    hi iv decided to buy a mp3 player after my minidisc player has started to mess around im thinking of getting the archos xs202s £108inc p&p on ebay or the creative vision m 30gb for around £150 on ebay not sure which is best i don't want a ipod my brother has one and i don't like itunes much i was thinking of getting a sony nw hd5 or nwa3000 but iv heard to many bad stories about sonic stage i need about 20gb of space and drag and drop does the creative vision let you do this or do you have to use there software? the easier the better i dont need to put pics on it but was thinking about videos or is the screen to small to watch anything for to long thanks for any advice given:)

2. SHANE33

SHANE33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Sony & ipod mp3 player , i can say the Sony HD5 wins hands down , the battery last for hours on the sony and you can also carry a spare, not like the ipod and after 6 hours is was dad, the ipod is better looking with more and better menu`s

As for Sonic Stage is ok its not the best , its does the job

3. fizl

fizl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I have to say the ARchos is extremely easy to use with its drag and drop, and the battery is pretty good. Also, its a really good size that can fit on a pocket easily :D

Shaz

4. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I have an Archos XS202 as well. Nice player, bit basic but does what I want it to - play MP3s and store loads as well.

You don't get a case with it as standard either - the one on Amazon is a bit expensive but worth it IMO

Battery life, for me, is about 12 h on 50% volume playing mainly 128/192 kbs MP3s

No proprietory software is the biggest plus IMO

5. tonyamh

tonyamh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    ok i ended up with a sony nwa3000 20gb i got it for £75 inc p&p only 4 months old but im a bit worried about the sonic stage software is it really that bad. on the plus side the battery is 35 hours and its sony so it should be reliable (fingers crossed) thanks for your help::)

6. Napster

Napster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its always better to go for solid memory mp3 players over hard drive based ones. A hard drive isnt designed to be constantly portable and being banged around. Its absolutely inevitable and guaranteed that its going to break eventually because of being knocked. Better to go for the other options that arent hard drive based.