1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a MiniDV Camcorder.....Help Needed

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Esco, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Esco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Well the title says it all. I am looking to buy a camcorder. I am by no means a "money is no object" kinda a guy so my Budget is $500ish ($600 max).

I have no clue on camcorders so if anyone has any good info or models for me to check out i would be greatly appreciative (cookies and <3)

Found this and its fits me pretty well...don't know if that matters, heh. (got it from Cnets buying guide)

Home and vacation moviemaker type fo camera shopper:

I want to shoot birthday parties, baby steps, holiday gatherings, and school plays. I plan to take my camcorder on vacations, so portability is important. I don't need to do anything fancy, but I'd like the option of doing a little editing and adding some basic effects. I'm looking for simple controls and easy output

So far this are the 2 that seem to turn up on lots of sites "reccomended list"
    1. Sony DCR-HC42 ($479-$559)
    2. Panasonic PV-GS120 ($480 - $600)

Thanks for any/all help you can give me!! :smashin: