Buying a Memory Stick on the high street...

Simebaby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
... can anyone recommend a good place to look. Had a scout round and PC World are selling the Sandisk 1GB for £109 - which is obviously far too expensive.

I've got a 1GB stick on the way, but I wouldn't mind picking up another 1GB or even a 512Mb today - can anyone recommend any high street stores that may sell them (at not too ridiculous prices).

TIA

Si.

Simebaby said:
... can anyone recommend a good place to look. Had a scout round and PC World are selling the Sandisk 1GB for £109 - which is obviously far too expensive.

I've got a 1GB stick on the way, but I wouldn't mind picking up another 1GB or even a 512Mb today - can anyone recommend any high street stores that may sell them (at not too ridiculous prices).

TIA

Si.

ASDA have them a bit cheaper (go to the camera/digital photo bit!)... still way too expensive for me though!

I have some sandisk ones by the weekend that I am going to put in the classifieds section.

I'll keep an eye out - though I was hoping to pick one up today (does anyone sell them that would do refunds after a couple of days - evil, I know!)

Cheers all - just to add, Argos are doing 1GB Pro Duos for £82.99 - still a bit pricey for me (at the moment), but if anyone is interested...

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/search.php

Sony 256MB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£25.90

20% OFF!

Sony 512MB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£36.99

20% OFF!

Sony 1GB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£64.99

P&P comes out at approx £4 per item

eBay is the only reliable place to get memory sticks at a cheap price. I got a 1gig Sony High Speed for my phone for 52.98 including delivery. No high street store or e-tailer is going to beat that.

Yep ebay is great, if you look at the auctions rather than buy it nows you can get some wiked bargains.

I got a 512mb card for £16 the other day + 6 quid postage but its still well cheap. Postage however was 86p to be exact.

I too purchased a Memory card off Ebay but was very annoyed to find that the card was corrupt and had been tampered with.
I dont think i'll be bothering to search ebay again thats for sure.
Of course i know that it could've been one in a million but have since heard of similar cases. :mad:

I had no problems, and nor have other people I know that have cheap ones. Its probably best to get from a seller that accepts returns on faulty items

I've bought two cards on eBay. Both had no problems. I can give you the name of the guy I got it from if you want?

ebay was great for me £52 a good few weeks ago or dabs are doing 2 gig for £127

breakersrevenge said:
I have some sandisk ones by the weekend that I am going to put in the classifieds section.

How much are you gonna be asking breakers?

:thumbsup: Chrislad - That would be great if you could forward me the details of whom you bought your memory cards from off of Ebay please.

I've seen 2gb sticks going for £100 inc postage or less on the bay, seems like the best place to shop. Just use a reliable 'bayer and you should be kool ;)

I've just come back from France and 1GB sticks were 99 euros in the shops. That's about £70 or less, so why are ours so much more in the shops?

i'd wait for this hdd thats supposed to be coming out.

gd2 said:
Got a Sony High Speed 2GB for £92 inc P&P on ebay

GD2, what was the sellers name and is it working ok?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom