Buying a Memory Stick on the high street...

Simebaby

... can anyone recommend a good place to look. Had a scout round and PC World are selling the Sandisk 1GB for £109 - which is obviously far too expensive.

I've got a 1GB stick on the way, but I wouldn't mind picking up another 1GB or even a 512Mb today - can anyone recommend any high street stores that may sell them (at not too ridiculous prices).

TIA

Si.

figoagogo

Simebaby said:
... can anyone recommend a good place to look. Had a scout round and PC World are selling the Sandisk 1GB for £109 - which is obviously far too expensive.

I've got a 1GB stick on the way, but I wouldn't mind picking up another 1GB or even a 512Mb today - can anyone recommend any high street stores that may sell them (at not too ridiculous prices).

TIA

Si.
ASDA have them a bit cheaper (go to the camera/digital photo bit!)... still way too expensive for me though!

breakersrevenge

I have some sandisk ones by the weekend that I am going to put in the classifieds section.

Simebaby

I'll keep an eye out - though I was hoping to pick one up today (does anyone sell them that would do refunds after a couple of days - evil, I know!)

Simebaby

Cheers all - just to add, Argos are doing 1GB Pro Duos for £82.99 - still a bit pricey for me (at the moment), but if anyone is interested...

R

robklobb

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/search.php

Sony 256MB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£25.90

20% OFF!

Sony 512MB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£36.99

20% OFF!

Sony 1GB Memory Stick PRO DUO (Sony PSP Memory)

£64.99

P&P comes out at approx £4 per item

chrislad

eBay is the only reliable place to get memory sticks at a cheap price. I got a 1gig Sony High Speed for my phone for 52.98 including delivery. No high street store or e-tailer is going to beat that.

dave1de

Yep ebay is great, if you look at the auctions rather than buy it nows you can get some wiked bargains.

I got a 512mb card for £16 the other day + 6 quid postage but its still well cheap. Postage however was 86p to be exact.

R

robklobb

I too purchased a Memory card off Ebay but was very annoyed to find that the card was corrupt and had been tampered with.
I dont think i'll be bothering to search ebay again thats for sure.
Of course i know that it could've been one in a million but have since heard of similar cases. :mad:

dave1de

I had no problems, and nor have other people I know that have cheap ones. Its probably best to get from a seller that accepts returns on faulty items

chrislad

I've bought two cards on eBay. Both had no problems. I can give you the name of the guy I got it from if you want?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
breakersrevenge said:
I have some sandisk ones by the weekend that I am going to put in the classifieds section.
How much are you gonna be asking breakers?

R

robklobb

:thumbsup: Chrislad - That would be great if you could forward me the details of whom you bought your memory cards from off of Ebay please.

bash

I've seen 2gb sticks going for £100 inc postage or less on the bay, seems like the best place to shop. Just use a reliable 'bayer and you should be kool ;)

T

thunt

I've just come back from France and 1GB sticks were 99 euros in the shops. That's about £70 or less, so why are ours so much more in the shops?

Miyazaki

i'd wait for this hdd thats supposed to be coming out.

bash

gd2 said:
Got a Sony High Speed 2GB for £92 inc P&P on ebay
GD2, what was the sellers name and is it working ok?

stormjai

I'd really appreciate somebody PM ing me details of any reliable/fast EBay sellers of 1 or 2GB Pro Duo mem sticks.

Ta

Jai

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
If you go to Woolworths and buy ANY PSP game you get a scandisk 512MB memory stick for half-price (£30). That's not too bad I reckon. I had £20 of Woolies vouchers so it was a good deal for me.

If you wait a couple of weeks the PSP giga pack will be available. That's basically a PSP value pack with a 1GB memory card and USB cable included. Think that's gonna be about £210. When that's available I reckon memory card prices will fall.

Hope that helps.

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published