• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying a ipad from someone who bought it on finance

mikey5519

Standard Member
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm thinking about buying an ipad off someone who has bought it on finance. My query is that if I do buy it and they don't pay the finance can the ipad get blocked or can they take it off me?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

iNspectorgadJet

Prominent Member
Hmmm...seems a bit dodgy that someone has bought it on finance and is then selling it new and sealed. Why would they have done that in the first place? I wouldn't risk it. Sounds like they're committing some kind of fraud or something.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
If it was a 3G model, then I could understand why they're potentially selling, as you get all sorts of deals these days and might be worthwhile selling then. Still a risk with the finance mind you, but more sensible reason wise.

A WiFi only model is silly. Stay well clear.

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm thinking about buying an ipad off someone who has bought it on finance. My query is that if I do buy it and they don't pay the finance can the ipad get blocked or can they take it off me?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike
I think you should not pay the whole amount, you should convince them to take the extra amount and you will pay the debt from yourself to make sure that you do not suffer in the future, else leave it do not go for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom